Full Time Employee
Senior Computer Programmer (Job Number:424599)
SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for a Senior Computer Programmer. This position will provide support to NAVAIR, and will be located in Patuxent River, MD. This position is contingent upon contract award.
The Senior Computer Programmer provides Information Technology (IT) Logistics Life Cycle Support for NAVAIR. The Senior Computer Programmer will apply expertise in programming procedures to complex programs; recommend redesign of programs, investigate and analyze feasibility and program requirements, and develop programming specifications. This Programmer plans the full range of programming actions to produce several interrelated but different products from numerous and diverse data elements; and solves difficult programming problems using knowledge of pertinent system software, computer equipment, work processes, regulations, and management practices.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Developing, modifying, and maintaining complex programs;
- Designing and implementing the interrelations of files and records within programs
- Working with problems or concepts and developing programs for the solution to major scientific computational problems
- Developing occasional special programs, e.g. a critical path analysis program to assist in managing a special project.
- Investigating the feasibility of alternate program design approaches to determine the best balanced solution,
- Assisting user personnel in defining problems or needs
- Functioning as team leader or supervise if required
Clearance Level Must Possess: Secret
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED; -OR- Completion of commercially available certification program within one year after assuming duties in one of the following:
- Certified Software Development Professional (CSDP) (Previously known as Certified Software Engineering Professional (CSEP)), or with COR approval complete a vendor/platform specific certification (e.g., Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD), Microsoft Certified Applications Developer (MCAD), Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA), Sun Certified Professional (SCP), Red Hat Certification Program (RHCP), CISCO Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Oracle Certified Professional (OCP), other).
- At least thirteen (13) years of recent experience, to include software Design, Development, and Test and Evaluation.
- At least five (5) years of programming experience with "Specific Project" programming languages.
- At least four (4) years of experience to include: Database development, Web page design, Computer Based Training, development and using .NET tools and .net Integrated Development Environment tools, asp.net, SQL Server 2000, and HTML editor tools.
- IAT Level III
- Experience with Cognos, Teradata, and/or Oracle
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jan 21, 2017, 2:24:22 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-PATUXENT RIVER
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job