Full Time Employee
Principal Engineer (Job Number:424592)
SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for a Principal Systems Engineer. The Princioal Systems Engineer will provide Information Technology (IT) Logistics Life Cycle Support for NAVAIR. This position will be located at our customer site in California, MD, and is contingent upon contract award.
The Principal Systems Engineer will apply engineering principles to investigate, analyze, plan, design, develop, implement, test, or evaluate military weapons systems; review and prepare engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation; apply engineering experience to perform functions such as system integration, configuration management, quality assurance testing, or acquisition and resource management; and analyze, design, develop, implement, test, or evaluate software, components, or systems related to engineering or functional requirements of military weapons systems, associated support systems, or management information systems.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Perform detailed design, implementation, and testing of subsystems and system components.
- Build a wide variety of software subsystems and components efficiently and effectively, given only a requirements specification and constraints
- Develop and sustain these subsystems and software components in complex, multi-vendor, multi-platform environments
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS or BA degree in a relevant Engineering/Science field
- At least 9 years of related experience
- IAT Level III
- IAM Level I
- Experience with Cognos, Teradata, and/or Oracle
- Clearance Level Must Possess: Secret
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jan 30, 2017, 11:37:19 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-CALIFORNIA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job