Full Time Employee
AMX Controls Programmer (Relocaton) (Job Number:424962)
SAIC has an opportunity for an AMX Controls Programmer to join our team at Offutt AFB, NE. This is an opportunity for you to lead the design of AV capabilities for US Strategic Air Command (USSTRATCOM) and their new Data Center.
PAID RELOCATION to Omaha, NE is available.
The AV Technician position is responsible for providing AV and AMX controls programming support focusing on the design, installation, configuration, development, integration, implementation, and testing AMX controls and interfaces in a complex environment with multiple classification enclaves and integrated with Department of Defense (DoD) Command and Control (C2) systems utilizing associated information assurance (IA) processes and procedures.
Work closely with Government project managers and engineers to create control system code and touch panel layouts for all aspects of the control system throughout the facility. This will comprise of 100 master controllers and 400 touch panels. The candidate will be responsible for transforming high and low level enterprise design artifacts into a working, representative test system within a lab environment, developing pass/fail criteria, performing controlled testing, capturing and analyzing results, optimizing system performance, and troubleshooting anomalies.
Work closely with Government engineers during all stages of testing and be responsible for working with other enterprise disciplines as previously- tested component systems are later integrated into larger, enterprise-level systems of systems. The AV Technician will be required to record, document, and deliver all related testing, installation, configuration, optimization, operations, and IA-compliance documentation upon completion of testing or incrementally as determined by the customer.
Capture and document system details within architectural drawings using AutoCAD to be used during final system installation, configuration, integration, and implementation. This is a customer-facing position and may require interaction with senior customer leadership on matters concerning design, engineering, or functional areas.
Responsible for the technical direction, leadership, and training of cross-functional teams and be able to prioritize participation in multiple, concurrent testing events. The AV Technician must possess a strong belief in the principles of task ownership, accountability, and teamwork.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Provide AV and AMX controls programming engineering input to the Installation Design Plan (IDP) to support procurement, configuration management, and certification and accreditation of proposed systems
- Develop functional process diagrams for AV services
- Provide AV and AMX controls programming engineering support focusing on the design, implementation, testing, and maintenance of AV services
- Design, install, provision, configure, optimize, tunine, integrate, and administer AV and AMX controls programming solution technologies in a lab environment
- Research and analyze emerging AV and AMX controls programming technologies, techniques, and protocols and making recommendations
- Assist with procurement of hardware, software, and services
- Support the installation of new AV technology components, if required
Key Technologies and Processes:
- AMX Netlinx Programming using advanced programming
- Creation of modules to be used throughout the facility
- Must have extensive AV programming understanding including real-time feedback and advanced computations that will allow end user to see actual system state.
- Position requires the programmer to be onsite full time to work closely with new equipment and understand customer touch panel design changes.
- Applying Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and 9 years? experience or 13 years of experience without the degree.
- Position Requires Certified AMX ACE-P Programming Expert or capability of obtaining certification by start date.
- Active Secret clearance and be able to obtain a Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) security clearance.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 14, 2017, 4:50:22 PM
Primary Location: United States-NE-OFFUTT AFB
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job