Full Time Employee
Legal Analyst (Job Number:425497)
SAIC has a Legal Administrator/Paralegal position available supporting the Office of the General Counsel for International Affairs (OGC/IA). The location of the position is at the Pentagon in Arlington, VA.
The candidate will provide administrative/paralegal support to the OGC/IA office attorneys.
- This specifically involves opening and closing actions; retrieving documents from other offices; performing minor editing functions; answering phone calls; escorting non-cleared personnel in the office; maintaining files; and preparing correspondence.
- Additionally, the candidate will make copies; scan documents; produce files; assist in scheduling and monthly reports; and maintain basic office functions.
- The candidate will also support the International Agreements Database by performing data entry and scanning of International Agreements.
- Provide periodic database, indexing, and archival support, to include: analysis of chronological files, review of archival documents, review international agreements, and inputting data from international agreements into the database.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- DoD TOP SECRET/SCI eligibility
- 2+ years of experience with knowledge of administrative and clerical functions, processes, practices and procedures
- Fluency with, and understanding of, DoD, Joint Staff, and the Military Departments standards of practice
- Experience with the OGC data file system or similar systems
- The ability to review, understand, and analyze complex legal and non-legal DoD documents and international agreements
- Possess exceptional oral and written communication abilities and the ability to read, interpret and understand legal documents.
- The ability to leverage established relationships with other DoD components and agencies.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and common office software applications
- Flexible team player and capable of interacting at all levels within the customer space as well as other parts of the defense community.
- Motivated, self-starter with the ability to accomplish tasks under pressure with limited supervision.
- Strong admin skills and a strong ability to multi-task.
- Flexibility in order to accommodate time-sensitive and mission-critical work.
- Previous experience in a working in the Pentagon or DoD office law office, General Counsel's office or JAG office
- Working knowledge of the Defense Travel System (DTS)
- Familiarity with knowledge management tools including SharePoint, Access databases, etc.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 25, 2017, 2:25:15 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-ARLINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job