Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
Infrastructure Engineering Task Lead (Job Number:425510)
- The Infrastructure Engineering lead oversees multiple disciplines including but not limited to network, security, data center, site installation, backup, storage and 3rd party network access, patch, as well as integration and testing.
- The Infrastructure Engineering Lead provide leadership guidance and applies engineering expertise leading the engineering team to deliver high quality services and capabilities. The position is responsible for managing the work of other engineers and applying engineering and project management best practices.
- The Infrastructure Engineering Lead gathers as well as develops recommendation to engineering process improvements as well as engineering the technical improvements themselves. This position directs and oversees implementation ensuring documentation and configuration control practices are maintained and enforced. Tasks include management and maintenance of the testing facility, test scheduling, and results analysis.
- Interacts directly with different customer groups to ensure efficient operations and provide support.
- Provides input & feedback to the Program Manager related to testing activities.
- Manages the deployment of testing resources in a highly virtualized environment, including monitoring available resources.
- Identifies needs and assists in the requirements for creating new automated blueprints.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Clearance Level Must Possess: Other Clearance
- Clearance Level Must be able to Obtain: Other Clearance
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more of related experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more of related experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more of related experience.
- Experience in a rapidly changing environment, specifically surrounding rapid VM deployments and reconfigurations.
- Must be experienced with Windows and Linux operating systems.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Any previous experience within Health and Human Services Agency Experience with automations is desired
- Basic scripting skills
- Previous experience managing a highly available test lab environment
- Project Management Professional (PMP) ITIL (Foundation, Intermediate, or Expert)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- RedHat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Experience with Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- Familiarity / Experience with VMware vRealize product suite
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Mar 2, 2017, 2:42:24 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Other Clearance
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job