Full Time Employee
Linux Systems Administrator (Job Number:425715)
- SAIC has an opening for a Linux System Administrator located in Middletown, RI.
- The Linux Systems Administrator will perform various system administration duties in a large Windows and Linux environment.
- Implement, support, and troubleshoot Linux issues relating to performance and compliance and security hardening.
- Act as subject matter expert on implementing and supporting Linux in an enterprise and R&D Lab environment.
- Requires a complete understanding and wide application of Linux systems.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Educational Degree Required B.S. and 5+ years experience or 9+ years experience in lieu of a degree.
- Active US Secret Clearance is required for consideration.
- A current CompTIA Security+ with CE required to start position.
- A current Linux certification RHEL or LPIC required within 1 month of start date.
- Extensive knowledge (5+ years experience) of implementing and supporting Red Hat or similar branch of Linux.
- Detailed knowledge of integrating Linux within an Active Directory based environment.
- Detailed knowledge of Linux and Windows security hardening principles and practices.
- A minimum of 5 years? experience providing system and hardware level support on Dell and HP Server technology.
- Detailed knowledge of implementing and supporting Centrify.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Mar 3, 2017, 4:24:08 PM
Primary Location: United States-RI-MIDDLETOWN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job