Charlie Situational Awareness Analyst (Job Number:425878)
Provide direct mission support during planning, operational, and post operational phases. Provide factual mission situational awareness gained from real time (or near real time) insight into commercial activities. Utilize available tools such as information feeds, software tools, and computer programs; provide detailed communications intelligence research and analysis and intelligence fusion; clearly articulate to mission director and operators situational awareness gained through external resources ; monitor and maintain threat feeds during missions; provide support in day-to ?day activities such as action item responses and general duties as assigned.
- Provides intelligence support for contingency operations, staff and operational-level planning, joint and multi-lateral training exercises, and strategic engagement policy throughout the Areas of Operational Responsibility (AOR) and Areas of Interest (AOI) to include analysis and research for industry, infrastructure, technology, country, geographic area, biographic and targeted vulnerability.
- Monitors and analyzes all strategic and operational aspects of political, military, and economic developments for the countries in the AORs and AOIs.
- Assesses future and on-going political-military developments, military capabilities and doctrine, weapons acquisitions, and employment of military forces within each country (including the U.S.).
- Researches, authors, and coordinates threat assessments to support the Commander and the senior leadership as well.
- May focus on domestic as well as international threats.
- Considered to be a recognized authority in this area of expertise. Intelligence analysis may include; IMINT, SIGINT, ELINT, HUMINT, or MASINT.
- Develops and maintains analytical procedures to meet changing requirements and ensure maximum operations.
- May support development and analysis of intelligence products.
- Presents analysis or products to customers.
- May support policy and procedures development for agency, interagency, or community wide support.
- Applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Contributes to development of new principles and concepts.
- Participates with senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives.
- Recommends/makes decisions on administrative or project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives.
Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
FREEDOM TO ACT:
Works under consultative direction toward pre-determined long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated. Determine and pursue courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. Work checked through consultation and agreement with others rather than by formal review of supervisor. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically results in failure to achieve critical organizational objectives and affect image of organization's technological capability.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Clearance Level Must Possess: TS/SCI with Poly
- Clearance Level Must be able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED + minimum 15 years of experience in situational awareness providing relevant support to the government. -OR- BS/BA/BE + minimum 9 years of experience in situational awareness providing relevant support to the government.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Mar 9, 2017, 6:52:00 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-CHANTILLY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job