full-time employee contract
ManTech is seeking a Contingency Communications Radio Technician (level 1) to work on a newly awarded 10-year program supporting the Bureau of Diplomatic Security within the Department of State (DS). One of the largest and most exciting teams within the program is the CCR (Contingency Communications Radio) group. It serves as the strategic coordination body that designs, implements and manages the critical security communication systems. This role includes hands-on designing, developing, integrating, installing and providing life cycle support for communications systems for mounted and dismounted DS operations.
This position is located in the Northern VA area. However there may be travel to multiple locations both in the Continental US and also Overseas in high threat areas. A Secret Security Clearance is required to be considered for this role.
Essential Job Duties:
· Provide operations and maintenance support to multiple tactical and land mobile radio systems
· Provide operations and maintenance support on networking and communications equipment providers? (i.e. Harris, Exelis, Kenwood) equipment
· Will perform communications surveys, new installations and preventative maintenance for vehicle and fixed site systems, COMSEC management, frequency management, training, and depot level repair for radios
· Must possess an active Secret security clearance; Must be able to obtain Department of State Class 1 Medical Clearance
· Must possess 2 years of technical experience in modern communications systems or a related field and be able to successfully demonstrate key responsibilities and knowledge; hands-on work experience with type I encrypted radios is a plus
· Position requires self-motivation and the ability to work effectively under minimal supervision. Must demonstrate the ability to interact with all levels of an organization in a professional, diplomatic, and tactful manner
· Must demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a cohesive team
· Must be able to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects, and have strong attention to detail
· Must possess excellent writing and verbal skills
· Must be proficient with Microsoft Windows operating systems and office automation software (e.g., Microsoft Office, SharePoint)
· Must demonstrate knowledge of COMSEC principles and requirements. Knowledge of radio frequency (RF) theory and principle and the effects of systems operating in an electronic countermeasures environment is a plus
· Technical knowledge of RF Communications (VHF/UHF/SATCOM/Radio) and RF communication equipment that is compatible with CREW systems is a plus
More about this Program:
ManTech International Corporation is looking to hire experienced personnel to support our newly awarded 10 year program supporting the Bureau of Diplomatic Security within the Department of State. This Bureau is a world leader in international investigations, threat analysis, cyber security, counterterrorism, security technology, and protection of people, property, and information.
Why should you join ManTech? Here are three great reasons:
· We are growing! ManTech is growing faster than any of our competitors. This means more and more opportunities for our employees every day!
· ManTech emphasizes internal and upward mobility! We have a dedicated team available to you to help you grow your enterprise IT career within the company and move to new roles. These positions are open because we are promoting internally!
· ManTech is a veteran friendly company with 48% of our employees having military experience.