Full Time Employee Contractor
ManTech International is seeking a technical advisor to assist the Department of Energy?s Solar Energy Technology Office (a.k.a. SunShot Initiative). The SunShot Initiative aims to make solar energy a low-cost electricity source for all Americans through research and development efforts in collaboration with public and private partners.
The technical advisor will work within an existing, highly-motivated team to manage current funding opportunities and assist development of future opportunities within the solar soft cost (non-hardware) space, including business models, financing, policy and regulations, training, and energy analysis. A successful candidate will leverage his/her existing solar expertise to provide technical guidance and oversight to existing awardees of federal funds, and provide strategic guidance and support to DOE on the use of future federal funds.
· Provide expertise and creativity in the initiation of design, development, and optimization of programs to bring down the soft costs of solar.
· Assist in the construction and completion of Funding Opportunity Announcements and prize competitions.
· Assist in the review and analysis of funding application submissions.
· Analyze, critique and recommend improvements to the project plans of new awardees.
· Aid in the monitoring and mentoring of awardees in their implementation of projects to address soft cost barriers for solar.
· Contribute to monthly calls and annual awardee site visits to review performance to date and likelihood of future success.
· Provide guidance on how to avoid and overcome challenges.
· Attend industry conferences and events to stay up to date about solar industry needs and provide recommendations on program improvements.
· BS degree in Science, Business, Public Policy, or a related field is required. Advanced degrees (MS, PhD and/or MBA) strongly preferred.
· 5+ years of experience in industry, energy policy, utility, or other energy-related fields.
· Strong communication, interpersonal, negotiation, consensus-building, and analytical skills with the ability to work successfully in cross-functional teams in an organized, fast paced environment while meeting time sensitive deadlines.
· Proven ability to diagnose and resolve complex process and production issues using multiple disciplined teams and data driven analysis.