SMC/SY Space/Ground Systems Engineer (Job Number:426392)
SAIC is seeking a Space Ground Systems Engineer to provide systems engineering, acquisition strategy, and technical support to the Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center, Space Superiority Systems Directorate.The position requires an individual with experience in technical programs, technical program management, and systems engineering of large scale space and ground systems and/or new start technical demonstration space and ground systems. Specific useful experience includes Space Situational Awareness (SSA); Model and Simulation, Battle Management Command, Control and Communications (BMC3) Operations; experience in C2 and Space/Ground Systems Architecture and Architecture View creation; Test and Evaluation; experience with space based data products; and the process of creating ICDs for data exchanges between multiple organizations.
This position is based in El Segundo, CA. Qualified applicants must have a current/active Top Secret SCI with a current background investigation within five (5) years and consent to a polygraph examination.
Key duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs Systems Engineering activities related to Technology and/or Engineering including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & op. performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis (PCA).
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
- Provide technical and acquisition support to Government and contractor milestone reviews to assess progress, issues, and meeting mission requirements traceability. Ensure program level documentation is aligned with Directorate and higher headquarters guidance for program planning and execution.
- Develops and evaluates program level documentation for SMC/SY assigned programs in support of Directorate leadership. Engages and coordinates with SMC Center Staff, HQ AFSPC, and HQ USAF on behalf of Directorate leadership to resolve documentation issues in line with Directorate ?commander?s intent? and priorities.
- Provides leadership advice on: acquisition strategies for next-generation systems; program execution issues and recommendations; strategic messaging to key operational and acquisition government, industry, and media stakeholders.
- Perform technical support and independent risk assessment and evaluation of program management execution, technical review execution (DoD 5000.02 framework), and systems engineering. Assess viability from a programmatic, business, acquisition, and technical execution perspective.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience
- 14+ years of experience in direct application of Systems Engineering principals to Space or Ground Satellite systems during development and test (any time between program start through launch)
- An active TS/SCI clearance with willingness to consent to a polygraph examination.
- BS Degree- Engineering or Hard Sciences with 10 Years? experience OR MS Degree in Engineering or Hard Sciences
- Must be able to interface with all levels of functional/division acquisition offices to accomplish projects for the government program office.
- Must be able to work independently.
- MS Degree- Engineering or Hard Sciences
- MBA Degree
- DoD and/or Air Force Acquisition and Program Management Experience
- Space systems acquisition or development experience (especially Space Control experience)
- Application of Model Based Systems Engineering and MBSE tool sets
- Ability to use Matlab and/or AGI STK and Toolkits
- INCOSE SE certification (CSEP/ESEP)
- PMP Certification
- Prior Military Service
Space Superiority Systems Directorate Overview:
The Space Superiority Systems Directorate at Los Angeles Air Force Base, Calif., equips U.S. forces with space control systems to gain, maintain, and exploit space superiority. It has a multi-billion-dollar budget, 350-person program office, and 1,500-person industry team at multiple locations throughout the country to support operational systems worldwide. It directs the planning, development, testing, deployment, and sustainment of a complex and dynamic portfolio of space-superiority capabilities of the highest national priority.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Apr 30, 2018, 1:58:36 PM
Primary Location: United States-CA-EL SEGUNDO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job