Senior Software Engineer ? Java EE (Job Number:425959)
Senior Software Engineer ? Java EE Description This position requires strong Java EE design and development skills to work within a team of business analysts, architects, software engineers and testers to design and develop Web applications. Successful candidates will have experience leading software development teams within a prescribed System Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Successful candidates will have the opportunity to assume major responsibilities for the research, development, and engineering of SOA software/architectures within the department. The successful candidate will work alongside current software developers to ramp-up their domain and system knowledge; anticipated tasks include the development and integration of software modules by following patterns and best practices. The candidate will also be responsible for thorough documentation, unit tests, and functional tests.
Primary Job Duties:
- Defines, designs and implements programs integrating multiple software systems, modules and technologies.
- Provides technical leadership to a team of mid-level and entry-level developers.
- Develops software that is object oriented and conforms to program standards to ensure reusability and repeatability.
- Works with version management system to control the release of changes
- Works with bug tracking to resolve moderately complex issues and ensures that all bugs along with solutions are documented.
- Works closely with design team offering input and also works closely with customers to ensure solutions will meet requirements.
- Communicates effectively in oral and written form. ?
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- Clearance Level Must Possess: None
- Clearance Level Must be able to Obtain: Other Clearance
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated strong software design, engineering and development skills, including familiarity with modern software development patterns, practices and tools.
- Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science or relevant discipline
- Ability to work cooperatively as a team lead
- Experience developing Single-Page Applications (SPAs) using technologies such as: o Node.js (npm) o AngularJS o Browserify o Grunt o Mocha o Karma
- Experience with service-oriented architectures and web service development (REST, SOAP)
- Expertise with the Spring framework (MVC, JDBC, dependency injection, etc.)
- Expertise with assertion-based Junit testing.
- Expertise with an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) such as Eclipse.
- Expertise with a continuous-integration tool such as Jenkins.
- Expertise with the Maven build automation tool.
- Expertise with source- control repositories such as Subversion, and versioning techniques.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust (Moderate Risk) security clearance.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with GIS
- Experience with Agile/Scrum practices
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience with SQL.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Mar 29, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-MO-KANSAS CITY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job