Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
NAVTAC II Senior Financial Management Analyst (FMA-3) (Job Number:426453)
The SAIC Team is pursuing the opportunity to support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) with modernizing the National Airspace System (NAS) to meet the needs of consistently improving safety, efficiency, capacity, security, and flexibility of navigation systems. This modernization will evolve the NAS from legacy, ground-based navigation and lighting systems to Performance Based Navigation (PBN). Both legacy and evolving systems must be maintained during the modernization transition. The SAIC Team has a long, successful record of support to the FAA, applying expertise and innovation to solve complex and dynamic problems while maintaining the US worldwide lead in aviation safety. The SAIC Team is seeking a diverse range of skillsets; management, business management, financial and budget analysis support, technical expertise in the areas of engineering navigation systems, NAS operations, Air Traffic, Management Information systems (MIS) and areas related to technical of Navigation support.
- Performance Based Navigation (PBN) Programs & Policy Group (PPPG), AJV-14, Airspace Policy & Regulations Group, AJV-11, Airspace Services Business Support Group, AJV-17 and Air Traffic Organization (ATO) Service Center (SC) Operations Support Groups (OSGs) AJV-E2, AJV-C2, and AJV-W2.
- Developing and implementing Area Navigation (RNAV), PBN Routes defined as Standard Terminal Arrival (STAR), Standard Instrument Departures (SIDs), Required Navigation Performance (RNP) and Q/T and TK routes.
- Management Information System (MIS) and office automation management support required to support the Navigation Programs and all the teams within the MIS group to ensure accurate, timely and effective use of resources, collection of data, reporting and management of information systems necessary to develop, acquire, deploy, maintain, sustain, and improve navigation products and services for the National Airspace System.
- Obstruction Evaluation (OE) review of aeronautical studies on- airport property (NRAs) involves coordination with Airport Division specialists to update runway threshold coordinates (existing and plan-on-file extensions), update runway categories (VFR to IFR), and ensure the part 77 contour maps and listed obstructions are corrected.
- Contract support would involve telephonic and/or email coordination with Airport Division specialists on issues found during NRA reviews along with providing OEG responses on NRA studies within iOEAAA program.
- FAA Ground Based Navigation and Lighting Group (GBNA) for the establishment, operation and maintenance of a NAS of air traffic control and navigation facilities supporting terminal area approach and landing operations under all weather conditions.
- Provides management and technical support to modernize, certify and document work related to the FAA?s mission including the conduct of investigative research into NAS facility and site-related problems encountered in the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the current navigation and landing systems.
- This work also includes specialized analysis, modeling and tests to determine what equipment is appropriate to meet the specified category of operation.
- The Senior Financial Management Analyst provides advanced or senior level support related financial analysis and management.
- Functions include: invoice validation and payment; expense classification; budget maintenance by accounting code and funding source; cost estimation and/or projection; resolution of billing errors; financial tracking and reporting; reconciliation of cost obligations to actual charges; provision of technical assistance with regard to financial management at the operational level; coordination of efforts and provision of financial data to ensure successful NAS Plan Handoff; budget formulation and execution; and conduct of special analyses and/or examinations of business processes and financial reviews.
- Analyze accounting records to determine financial resources required to implement programs.
- Duties may also include consolidating the budget estimates of several organization units.
- May provide supervision and/or guidance to less experienced/qualified Financial Management Analysts.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and six (6) years or more of related experience; Masters and four (4) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
- At least 6 years of progressive business/financial management related experience with some concentration of effort in serving as team lead on identified tasks.
- Experience must include performance of tasking involving some or all of the following: cost estimation; budget planning and preparation; budget tracking; expenditure analysis; budget execution; business system requirements development; and business process reengineering.
- Knowledgeable of Information Technology applications in Financial Management processes.
- Working knowledge of the federal budget process.
- Proficient with the use of the FAA?s Financial Management Systems to include DELPHI, FMS, Simplified Program Information Report & Evaluation (SPIRE) and the CWP toolset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
Education and Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor?s degree in Accounting, Business, Financial Management, or a directly related field.
- An MBA or graduate degree in a business related field may be substituted for 2 years of work related experience.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Mar 30, 2017, 9:45:44 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Other Clearance
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job