Full Time Employee
Data Analytics Engineer (SR598) (Job Number:426825)
Data Analytics Engineer Job Description
SAIC has an opening for an experienced Data Analytics Engineer to provide technical support for a Data Analytics team.
- A successful candidate will install, configure, and manage information system hardware related to high-performance data analytics processing based on Linux systems.
- A successful candidate will also troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems related to server hardware, networking equipment, storage devices, and power and facilities interfaces.
- Working experience with Linux systems in a data center environment is essential, as well as experience with Ethernet networking, including defining and configuring VLANs, IP subnets, network virtualization, and network troubleshooting using open source diagnostic tools.
- Position will manage a variety of direct-attach and network storage systems in Linux environments.
- The successful candidate will use Puppet, Ansible or similar configuration management and automation frameworks.
- The position will be with deploying and managing analytics workload processing systems using Apache software projects such as Hadoop, Spark, Ambari, and MongoDB.
- The position will also use Cloud orchestration and automation tools such as OpenStack..
- The position is on a large team and will be supporting the services for a large customer.
- Clearance Level Must Possess: None
- Clearance Level Must be able to Obtain: DOE Q
- Requires Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Management of Information Systems, or relevant discipline, or equivalent experience with the required technologies in the following section (4 years)
- Minimum of 3 years? experience in the following technologies:
- Red Hat Linux or Red Hat derivative distributions
- Ubuntu Linux or Debian derivative distributions
- Ethernet networking in scaled systems
- Parallel or distributed file systems
- Distributed configuration management frameworks
- Distributed documentation and issue tracking systems
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills including strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q and SCI level clearance which may require a polygraph test.
- Can start uncleared but must be able to start the clearance process upon acceptance.
- Data center facilities operations
- Infiniband networking
- Hadoop, Spark, and additional Apache analytics stack projects
- Database system deployment and management
- Ceph file system
- Swift, S3 or similar object storage systems
- Git software development tracking and management
- An active Q or TS along with SCI security clearance.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 2, 2017, 12:19:20 AM
Primary Location: United States-NM-ALBUQUERQUE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: DOE Q
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job