Full Time Employee Contractor
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence at CGI Federal. We are seeking a Systems Administrator to support operations at Ft. Eustis, VA.
Synopsis: The TRADOC G27 Operational Environment Training Support Center (OE TSC) provides the central management of OE delivery tools and data for the OE Enterprise. The TRADOC G27 facilitates and acts as the principal enabler for continuous learning across all TRADOC lines of effort through acquiring, analyzing, creating, organizing, applying and transferring data, information, and knowledge in the context of current and future operations. The TRADOC G27 quickly and accurately represents the Operational Environment (OE) using a set of dynamic, integrated analytical processes, information technologies, knowledge networks, and tailored delivery applications. It connects with, develops, and maintains real-world databases necessary to replicate the complex, competitive nature of the OE. The TRADOC G27 seeks out, explores, and integrates technologies and methods to assist in representing environments, events, and capabilities across all Doctrine, Organization, Training, Materiel, Leadership, Personnel, and Facilities (DOTMLPF) domains. Duty is at the TRADOC G27 OE TSC at Fort Eustis, Virginia.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as primary IT Systems Administrator for software development systems to include code repositories, wiki pages, content management systems, web servers, and software licensing servers.
- Provide desktop support for scientific level workstation machines operating specialized design and simulation software.
- Consistently apply standards-based approaches, analysis of alternatives and delivery/integration choices to insert technology and best practices into constrained operating and supported environments.
- Provide IT support for field events, solve issues, and collaborate with other product assessment and delivery organizations in DHS, DoD and industry.
- Integrate technologies and techniques with existing systems; evaluate and identify new technologies for integration. Maintain Army and DoD standards compliance traceability. Conduct Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability and automation. Prepare engineering/test/delivery plans and site installation packages.
- Coordinate with Capability Integrators and IT service providers for restoration, recovery, and business continuity prioritization. Recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations; determine hardware and software requirements related to such changes.
- Prepare/present milestone status reports and deliveries/presentations on the system test and evaluation concept to colleagues, subordinates, and end user representatives.
- Web Server design, implementation, and maintenance to include Apache HTTP, Apache Tomcat, Microsoft IIS, NGINX, and Glassfish http server solutions
- Experience workstation and server operating systems to include Windows Server, Windows OS, VMWare, Red Hat/Centos LINUX, and/or RHEV.
- Excellent team player with strong collaboration skills to lead cross functional teams on multi-team projects; strong sense of commitment and responsibility
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills; experience building scalable, distributed, high availability services; enjoy technical challenges and constantly striving to improve existing services, systems, and techniques.
Conditions of Hire:
- CompTIA Security + and 2nd technical certificate (IAT II level compliance with DoD 8570.01); functions in Army Privileged User role.
- Secret Clearance with ability to earn Top Secret/SCI access.
- Valid US passport for travel internationally; 25% travel frequency expectation
- Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change?supporting our clients? digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law. CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI?s legal duty to furnish information.