Full Time Employee Contractor
The Cyber Operations and Exploitation Solutions (COES) Division of ManTech MCIS is looking for a highly motivated Senior Software Vulnerability Researcher in the Northern VA (Vienna/Tyson's Corner) area. This is a rewarding and highly challenging position with direct support and significant impact to operations of national security.
ManTech is dedicated to hiring the best, and in order to do so we offer great pay and excellent benefits.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work with a team of vulnerability researchers to analyze a complex system (multi server, networking devices, applications, protocols, etc) to identify ways an intruder may obtain remote access.
- Audit source code, reverse engineer, and/or develop fuzzers to identify vulnerabilities in software applications running on the systems. Vulnerable applications may be written in C++, Java, PHP, or Python and compiled/configured to run on a Linux Operating System (Red Hat).
- Upon vulnerability discovery, develop proof of concept exploits that demonstrate remote code execution.
- Research and develop security bypass techniques.
- Use tools such as gcc/clang, gdb, IDA Pro, Hex Rays decompiler, Jet Brains IDEs, git, Jira, Confluence, Crucible, Jenkins, and VMware vSphere.
- Ability to obtain a Secret level US Government security clearance. If you do not currently have a clearance, and are a US Citizen, please apply as we seek the best technically qualified candidates regardless of clearance. If you already have a clearance, we can hold any clearance level (even TS/SCI w/poly).
- Ability to demonstrate senior level knowledge and experience with vulnerability research techniques such as source code auditing, reverse engineering, and fuzzing.
- Ability to demonstrate senior level knowledge and experience with developing exploits targeting applications developed in PHP, Java, or C/C++ that run on the Linux Operating System.
- Exhibit our core values: Passion, Capacity, and Humility. We care about our culture so team fit is important.
- Senior level Linux Operating System Internals knowledge.
- Comfortable developing in C and Python on Linux.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.