Database Administrator (Job Number:427218)
Database Administrator The individual selected for this position will serve as a Database Administrator performing activities related to maintaining an effective and efficient database environment. Responsibilities include: designing, implementing and maintaining a database system, establishing policies and procedures pertaining to the management, maintenance, and use of a database management system, training individuals in database management use, and keeping up with emerging technologies and new design approaches. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting performance tuning of indexes and databases in general.
- Reviewing database design and integration of systems, provides backup recovery and makes recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements.
- Maintaining security and integrity controls.
- Develops and enforces database administration and user standards and procedures; audits, modifies, and amends data in systems using SQL commands.
- Oversees the scheduling of database projects, database and transaction log backups, notifications, and database replication between multiple SQL Servers and remote sites.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with poly required
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required for successful performance of the activities associated with this position:
- 9+ years of professional and relevant experience and a bachelor's degree is required
- Demonstrated ability to determine work requirements and perform work without supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Tool Suite
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work independently; self-starter
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Apr 28, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-CHANTILLY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job