Full Time Employee
NOC Wideband Satellite Communication System Manager - Military Sealift Command (Job Number:427238)
SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for a NOC Wideband Satellite Communication System Manager to support Military Sealift Command. This position is contingent upon contract award and located in San Diego, CA.
The NOC Wideband Satellite Communication System Manager shall demonstrate background and knowledge appropriate to perform daily operation of the Wideband Satellite Communication System (currently NGW) shore/ship infrastructure. Shall manage the entire bandwidth allocation within each ocean region, as directed by MSC mandates, to provide the maximum amount of bandwidth to each platform based on a fair share value and current mission assignment utilizing Wideband Satellite Communication System (currently NGW) Management Consoles at the NOC. The NOC Manager shall continually monitor each platform?s performance on the Wideband Satellite Communication System (network and be pro-active in resolving any outage).
Additionally, shall have background knowledge and experience in performing the tasks listed below:
- Coordinating directly with satellite service providers (e.g. INMARSAT) to ensure that all land earth station equipment is fully operational and continually monitored.
- Providing expert assistance with the design of upgrades to the infrastructure to improve quality of service to the fleet.
- Assisting with the trouble shooting of shipboard failures.
- Coordinating directly with shipboard operators to determine cause of failure and then coordinate either the re-configuration or shipment of new equipment to the ship for restoration.
- Determining optimum time frame to shift ships from one ocean region to another, as ships transit requires.
- Testing proposed configurations to ensure new capabilities are compatible with the MSC environment.
- Implementing configuration changes or upgrades within the MSC environment, including backup capabilities.
- Testing installed capabilities including Continuity of Operations Plans.
- Maintaining currency of as-is documentation (e.g. configuration documents, SOPs, etc.).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and ten (10) years or more of related experience
- The NOC Wideband Satellite Communication System Manager shall have experience in the following technology areas: Next Generation Wideband (NGW), Government Inmarsat, long-haul satellite terrestrial circuits, and Cisco routers.
- A minimum of a SECRET clearance is required for this position.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: May 1, 2017, 6:03:06 PM
Primary Location: United States-CA-SAN DIEGO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job