Full Time Employee Contractor
General Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Responsible for reporting certification results to senior program managers and customer representatives.
· Leads and manages a multi-discipline engineering team consisting of propulsion, structural, avionics, and manufacturing/quality engineers, Launch Site engineers, risk managers, data managers and Logistics personnel
· Assist the Air Force customer create briefing packages suitable for senior AF leadership.
· Manages team interfaces with the government customer, FFRDC, and launch vehicle provider and their contractors. Additional interfacing with other government partners, e.g., NASA, NRO/OSL, and 30th and 45th SW.
· Participate in system and major sub-system design reviews (SRR, SDR, PDR, CDR, SVR), test and manufacturing readiness reviews; develop and present reports summarizing assessments and results. Collect and track to closure all actions resulting from reviews; Requests for Information and Review Item Discrepancies. Coordinate approval of reports and generate system-level risks from these design reviews.
· Participate in technical Working Groups and Technical Interchange Meetings. Coordinate team members to establish meeting agendas and publish meeting minutes.
· Coordinate, plan, and support in Chief Engineer Review Boards (ChERB) or other technical reviews as required.
· Applying knowledge of item design, qualification test results, and manufacturing, to evaluate the suitability and risk and provide recommendations to the government customer.
· Consolidate and coordinate reports, data products, and notes from multiple team members into a single formal report on a routine basis.
· Review the process changes to determine impact to process stability
· Interface with multiple team and government organizations - coordinate multi-agency reports and studies to apply to current Air Force efforts.