Full Time Employee
Mid -.Net Developer (Job Number:427670)
Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) currently has an opening for a .NET system/software developer supporting the PDSS team in Millington, TN. This is a direct backfill for a fulltime position to support the Navy Personnel Command for program support of the EMPRS and BUPERS On-line systems. The candidate must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment and will develop software in web or thin client environments. Candidate will interface with end- users, system engineers and database administrators on a regular basis so interpersonal skills are a must. Candidate is expected to have the analysis skills to solve problems.
PRIMARY DUTIES - The candidate will:
- Maintain, Design, develop, and integrate multi-tiered Microsoft .NET based web applications supporting Navy Personnel Command projects.
- Design software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain analyses and manage their implementation.
- Work as a leader or member of a team.
- Review existing programs and assists in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improving current techniques.
- Formulate and define specifications for software applications or modifies and maintain existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer.
- Be responsible for program design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation.
- Be responsible for quality assurance review and evaluation of existing and new software products.
- Develop system components including services and user screens
- Assisting with system testing
- Application and System deployment
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor?s degree and 2+ years of experience. Four additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- REQUIRED SKILLS: This position requires a self-motivated, professional individual with demonstrated progressive experience designing and developing web applications, including:
- Experience as a web based application engineer/developer using .NET Frameworks, Visual Studio and Microsoft SQL Server development.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the .NET MVC Framework
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle, strong analysis skills, experience in designing, developing, implementing testing .NET based business applications.
- Knowledge of Telerik and Resharper is a plus.
- Ability to train and coach junior development members on effective Unit Testing techniques.
- U.S. Citizenship is required. This position requires that the candidate be able to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Prior to the hire date, the candidate must possess or obtain with SAIC assistance, a Security+ Certification.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 14, 2017, 9:41:24 PM
Primary Location: United States-TN-MILLINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job