Full Time Employee Contractor
CGI Federal has an opportunity for a Software Engineer/Systems Engineer to support the Utility Helicopter Program Office (UHPO) on Redstone Arsenal, AL. Candidate will be responsible for developing and facilitating a common Pilot-Vehicle Interface (PVI) between the H-60M and H-60V platforms (single OFP), and will include detailed Configuration Management (CM) between the two systems with recommendations to arrive at a common solution.
- Develop/Maintain Aircraft Commonality baseline across platforms to provide support for future development positions
- Independently manage multiple projects concurrently
- Support or develop project management products such as Integrated Master Schedules (IMS)
- Document, analyze, and track project metrics, to include cost, schedule, performance, and risk
- Use engineering technical knowledge and experience to ensure sound engineering decisions
- Prepare and brief presentations, training materials, white papers, etc
- Notify Tech Management Division (TMD) of issues and provide recommendations, as required
- Participate as an IPT member for UHPO efforts
- B.S. in Aeronautical or Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Current or former helicopter and/or aircraft pilot
- "Glass cockpit" experience
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others, both Government and Contractor
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems
- Avionics hardware and/or Software experience
- Familiarity with contract documents, such as Statements of Work (SOWs), Contract Data Requirements Lists (CDRLs), and Document Summary Lists (DSLs)
- Familiarity with Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and Integrated Master Schedules (IMSs).
- Demonstrated effective project management leadership of multi-disciplined Integrated Product Teams (IPTs)
- Experience with Systems Engineering processes
- Understanding of Army airworthiness qualification requirements
- Experience with Software metric tools, Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) levels, and Software document models (waterfall, incremental, AGILE)
- Developmental experience with Software training material
- Understanding of DO-178 design and development processes
- Experience in Software coding and development
- Understanding and/or experience with FACE and HOST (or similar 'methods')
- H-60M experience
- M.S. in Business Management or Project Management
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Knowledge of current DoD acquisition framework and procedures
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change?supporting our clients? digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law. CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential Job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI?s legal duty to furnish information.