full-time employee contract
North Salt Lake
ManTech is seeking a talented systems engineer with skills and background to contribute to the certification of a new launch vehicle for the Evolved Expendable Launch Vehicle (EELV). This position will serve as the principle liaison for the technical team in the field.
• General Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide technical support to the Program Manager and certification lead; coordinate team activity at the field location.
• Provide systems and technical engineering support to the Air Force program office.
• Assist the Air Force customer create briefing packages suitable for senior AF leadership.
• Participate in system and major sub-system design reviews (SRR, SDR, PDR, CDR, SVR), test and manufacturing readiness reviews; develop and present reports summarizing assessments and results. Collect and track to closure all actions resulting from reviews; Requests for Information and Review Item Discrepancies. Coordinate approval of reports and generate system-level risks from these design reviews.
• Participate in technical Working Groups and Technical Interchange Meetings. Coordinate with team members to establish meeting agendas and publish meeting minutes.
• Assess and evaluate item test plans against applicable standards.
• Evaluate and track system and sub-system issues, risks, and configuration changes.
• Coordinate, plan, and support in Chief Engineer Review Boards (ChERB) or other technical reviews as required.
• Applying knowledge of item design, qualification test results, and manufacturing, to evaluate the suitability and risk of the resulting item.
• Consolidate and coordinate reports, data products, and notes from multiple team members into a single formal report on a routine basis.
• Review the process changes to determine impact to process stability
• Interface with multiple team and government organizations - coordinate multi-agency reports and studies to apply to current Air Force efforts.
• Strong work ethic, self-starter. Able to work independently.
• Strong team player
• Analytical and critical thinking skills
• Knowledge of aerospace systems
• Strong written and oral communications skills
• Applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR §120.15)
• Exceptional skills in Microsoft Office suite, especially MS Word, PowerPoint and Project tools.
• Excellent presentation skills
Other Skills Preferred:
• A strong background in launch vehicle concepts is highly desired.
• Experience working with Air Force leadership in a Program Office environment.
• Experience working with the Space and Missile Center (SMC)
• Master's degree in Systems Engineering or related field