full-time employee contract
ManTech is seeking a talented Avionics Manufacturing Engineer to support Air Force space launch and range programs, and perform Manufacturing Engineering/Producibility roles in evaluating critical manufacturing processes for qualification and variation that may impact design and manufacturability of Flight Critical Items.
General Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for reporting assessment and evaluation results to senior program managers and customer representatives
• Interface with a multi-disciplined team consisting of multiple Contractors and team members
• Work with launch vehicle provider to schedule and track audits to be performed during rocket certification activities
• Develop products such data tables, audit checklists, presentations, and reports status to the customer. Reviews completed team products for completeness and acceptance.
• Compile and present weekly status charts of team to AF leadership.
• Complete perform audits and audit checklists in preparation for Engineering Review Boards and design reviews
• Interface with customer, design engineers, project manager, and production personnel.
• Participate in Engineering Review Boards and apply knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials.
• Examine product design and its implementation to manufacturing processes assessing/evaluating the manufacturing baseline for qualification, capability, process control and maturity.
• Assess documentation for proper configuration management and change control.
• Assess/ evaluate conformance to standards, specifications, drawings, procedures, work instructions, other contractual requirements and the trace-ability to the functional and physical characteristics of configuration items.
• Generate audit checklists and conduct production floor audits to verify documented processes are being followed.
• Review process changes to determine impact to process stability.
• Assess facilities manufacturing capacity, production readiness, vendor/supplier control requirements.
Mandatory Skills Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in science, engineering & 10-15 years of experience involving manufacture of complex products; application of manufacturing principles and methods including: product design, process design, producibility, process qualifications/validation, product design requirements flow down to manufacturing process requirements/documentation, product and process controls, measurement and test, product/process audits, statistical applications, configuration management, and lean manufacturing.
• Strong work ethic, flexibility, and attention to detail
• Detailed knowledge and use of Microsoft office products, including word and PowerPoint and PC usage.
• Strong communication and auditing skills, team participator, including resolving conflict
• Experience with space-qualified parts fabrication and assembly
• Experience with manufacturing-based ERP systems
• Applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR §120.15)
• Experience with Surface Mount Technology in circuit card fabrication; printed wiring board fabrication and testing; avionics box assembly; wire harnessing; component and subsystem testing.
Other Skills Preferred:
• A strong background in launch or satellite systems manufacturing is highly desired.
• Master's Degree desirable
• Analytical and Critical thinking skills
• Oral and written communication skills
• Organizational skills
• Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure
• Multi-tasking ability