Full Time Employee Contractor
· Manage all datacenter operations across multiple existing government facilities. Services managed include database, filestorage, network engineering, application hosting and intranet services.
· Lead the data center team to:
o Operate, maintain, and perform sustaining engineering of the Data Center and its associated systems
o Perform installation design, procure, and install new cabling, equipment, and associated hardware and software to extend and/or enhance existing services.
o Provide configuration control and design of systems including the creation and maintenance of installation and system interface drawings.
o Implement and maintain access control procedures.
o Operate, maintain, and perform system monitoring, initializations, upgrades, backups, recoveries, and storage management for production systems.
o Determine and manage facility requirements including space allocation and assessments of power and heat loads.
o Develop and implement acceptance testing to support installation of hardware systems, subsystems, components, peripherals, and interfaces.
o Monitor system and subsystem efficiency and perform troubleshooting and tuning of systems, subsystems, components, peripherals, and interfaces.
o Conduct day-to-day computer operations for multi-user hardware systems to support processing of varying on-line and batch applications and schedules.
o Support consolidation of services which includes planning, testing, license management, capacity planning, and installation of computer systems hardware and software, as necessary.
o Plan, engineer, integrate, and implement new capabilities and features to optimize and standardize workloads, meet customer requirements, and accommodate changes in technology.
· Bachelors degree in a technical field such as science, technology, engineering, math, computer science, or systems engineering
· 7+ years of hands-on experience with IT systems and security
· Proficiency in managing distributed data center operations
· DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II certified
Desired Skills And Qualifications:
· Help Desk Institute (HDI) certified
· Medical IT and/or Defense Health experience. Experience with Defense Centers of Excellence for Psychological Health & Traumatic Brain Injury (DCoE) a strong plus
· In-depth operations knowledge of databases, file storage, network engineering, application hosting, and intranet services
· National Agency Background Check