Full Time Employee
Mid-Level Operations Research Analyst (ORSA) (Job Number:428338)
SAIC is seeking a Mid-Level Operations Research Analyst to support the OSD in Arlington, VA. This is a contingent Job providing analytical support to OSD CAPE. The Analyst will address PPBES issues at the tactical through strategic levels of warfare to include but not limited to the areas of Air, Space, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR), Maritime, Land, Homeland Defense, Missile Defense, Irregular Warfare, and CyberSpace. This support requires expert use of operation research techniques and other analytical skills. The Analyst shall complete specified tasks by developing and executing mathematically sound and defensible methodologies and approaches. This may include but is not limited to running excursions to baseline models, parametric analysis, developing tools/models, and data research. The Analyst shall provide support in the development and use of various algorithms and models.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Candidate must currently possess and be able to maintain a Top Secret
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in STEM field; at least 10 years experience conducting analysis and operations research. Experience should include but not be limited to model verification, regression analysis, Microsoft excel spreadsheet tool development, and mathematical model development. Documented experience in one of the following areas:
- Land: experience performing joint land warfare analysis at the theater and mission level. Experience should include but not be limited to Army or Marine based analyses.
- Air/Space Analyst: experience performing joint manned and unmanned air warfare analysis at the theater and mission level. Experience should include but not be limited to Air Force based analyses.
- Intelligence Surveillance & Reconnaissance (ISR) Analyst: experience to performing joint ISR analysis at the theater and mission level. Experience should include but not be limited to satellite and Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) based analyses.
- Maritime Analyst: experience performing joint maritime warfare analysis at the theater and mission level. Experience should include but not be limited to Navy based analyses.
- Cyber Space Analyst: experience performing in cyber warfare to perform analyses in regards to current and future cyber capabilities.
- Intelligence Analyst: The Contractor shall provide analysts with a military intelligence background to assist in the development of threat data inputs for campaign and mission level simulations.
- Military Logistics Analyst: The Contractor shall provide Analyst with applicable experience and expertise in logistic operations at the mission and campaign level. Experience should include but not be limited to TPFFD development and the force deployment cycle.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters degree in STEM field; experience in more than one of the above fields.
- Experience incorporating analysis into modeling and simulations, including wargames.
- Experience incorporating data from modeling, simulations, and wargames into larger studies.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 18, 2017, 3:47:36 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-ARLINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job