Full Time Employee
Rapid Integration and Demonstration Software Engineer - Principal (Job Number:428477)
SAIC has an opening for a Rapid Integration and Demonstration Principle Software Engineer who is responsible for contributing to projects in support of Multimedia Processing Research system development, improvement, and expansion.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop, maintain and enhance complex and diverse software Systems such as processing-intensive analytics; novel algorithms; extremely large datasets; real-time Systems; or business management information Systems, based upon documented requirements.
- Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
- Resolve software problem reports. Provide input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, and the use of COTS/GOTS software in lieu of new development.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software.
- Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing Systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting.
- End product may be special use, customized, or commercial software.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops autonomous services, desktop applications, web applications, scripts, and utility programs.
- Ensures software standards are met.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or closely-related discipline required and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- TS/SCI with Poly
- U.S. citizenship required
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 9 years of progressively responsible experience in software development, software Engineering, data warehousing, Big Data analytics, or data visualization
- Significant Experience in the following technologies and areas:
- Software development in Java, C++, or Python in support of distributed processing architectures, including working in multiple-organization environments, developing and presenting documentation and recommendations
- Experience with Optical Character Recognition (OCR) Systems development and techniques.
- Experience with Deep Learning, Convolutional Neural Networks, and TensorFlow tools
- Demonstrated experience using JIRA or equivalent software project management Systems in an Agile software Engineering team
- Experience with image and video processing techniques, including FFmpeg applications
- Experience with rational database management techniques
- Experience with SIGINT applications
TRAVEL - Minimal travel required for this position
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, Engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides Systems Engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 16, 2017, 8:07:35 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-COLUMBIA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job