Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
Environmental Analyst Job (Job Number:428628)
SAIC?s Navy and Marine Corps Customer Group is seeking an Environmental Analyst to assist Chief of Naval Operations, Energy and Environmental Readiness Division (OPNAV N45). This position will be located at the Pentagon. The Employee shall provide shall provide on-site strategic support for Task Force Compatibility and Readiness Sustainment. The Employee shall assist with efforts to minimize operational impacts from encroachment through policy and program oversight and shall provide briefs, letters, point papers, meeting notes, and other materials to address priority encroachment threats. The Employee shall draft responses to encroachment inquiries from interested stakeholders; analyze encroachment effects on training, operations, and mission readiness; facilitate program execution and policy compliance; support strategic engagement to protect Navy?s equities; review technical reports, new or proposed rules, regulations, legislation, and executive orders pertaining to encroachment; and coordinate OSD Sighting Clearinghouse tasks.
Support shall address the following areas:
- National Ocean Council and Regional Planning Bodies
- Offshore energy development
- Alternative energy development near installations, ranges and airspace and impacts to testing and training
- OSD Energy Siting Clearinghouse
- Airspace conflicts including Special use Airspace, Restricted Areas, warning Areas and Military Training routes
- Task Force Compatibility and Readiness Sustainment
- CRS Symposium and outreach briefings
Specific tasking includes:
- Conducting technical evaluations of impacts on Navy systems from incompatible development. Reviewing project proposals from public sector, academia, local, state, or other federal agencies and assess potential impact to Navy testing or training activities and make recommendations on severity of impact and potential solutions.
- Providing impact analysis and technical guidance on agreements with energy developers, public sector, academia, local, state, or other federal agencies on issues affecting Navy and other DoD Services. Supporting N4 as Director of the Task Force Compatibility and Readiness Sustainment by preparing briefing materials, handling logistics for Task Force meetings, and drafting minutes for review. Coordinating with Fleets and system commands to develop draft Nay positions with regard to offshore energy development and potential impacts to Navy testing and training.
- Tracking resolution of encroachment issues.
- Gathering data to support development of Navy positions on readiness sustainment and support initiatives.
- Collecting and analyzing data to support Navy and/or DoD negotiations with the alternative energy developers.
- Drafting technical guidance and responses to proposed legislation, regulation, audit findings, etc. Providing meeting administrative support, which includes facilitating meetings, preparing agendas, taking notes, tracking action items, developing e- mail distribution lists, providing call-in toll free number and internet communication for remote participation, and distributing minutes.
- Reviewing, preparing, and distributing summaries, point papers, briefs, brochures and other materials needed by committee members.
- Facilitating Navy-wide implementation of encroachment management tools designed to access track, create, manage, and distribute encroachment information across Navy testing and training community.
BASIC EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor?s degree and three (3) years or more experience. Education: Bachelor?s degree in a related field such as Environmental Studies, Environmental Engineering, Oceanography, Ocean Engineering, or Marine Science
- 3 years? experience with Department of Defense and Department of Navy Environment and Energy Policy
- Excellent communication and computer skills; MS Office®, specifically Word®, Excel®, and PowerPoint®.
- Possess strong interpersonal, presentation, verbal, and writing skills.
- Knowledge of US Environmental policies, such as the National Environmental Policy Act
- Experience with training and range operations and encroachment issues
- 3 years? experience supporting a Command Staff or equivalent level organization SAIC Overview: SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government.
- Our 15,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 21, 2017, 7:48:20 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job