Electronics Technician (GCCS-M) - Virginia Beach, VA (Job Number:427645)
Electronics Technician (GCCS-M); Norfolk, VA, CONUS/OCONUS aboard ships in port or at sea
SAIC is seeking a full-time position to provide U.S. Navy Combat Systems engineering and technical on-site support and subject matter expertise to Mid Atlantic Regional Maintenance Center (MARMC) in support of the U.S. Navy Global Command and CONTROL System ? Maritime - GCCS-M system and associated subsystems on board U.S. Navy ships. This position provides a range of support to include:
- Technical support and assistance to assess, inspect and correct system faults. It also includes work to identify and correct anomalies associated with installation, operation, maintenance and connectivity problems.
- Providing onboard maintenance training to ship?s force technicians in the operation, repair, and maintenance and logistics support of the listed systems.
- Performing functional checks and program review support of C2I systems
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Active DOD SECRET
- Unexpired U.S. Passport required.
- Candidate resumes must demonstrate a minimum of 3 years hands-on experience in the troubleshooting, assessment and repair of the following systems within the last 8 years.
- AN/USQ-119 GCCS-M 3.x
- AN/USQ-172 GCCS-M 4.0
- AN/USQ-187 GCCS-M 4.1.1
- Candidate resume must also demonstrate specific experience gained in the troubleshooting, repair and assessment on the below listed systems/equipment. While not required, the more experience gained on these systems may be more advantageous for selection to this position.
- AN/USQ-151 Joint Tactical Terminal (JTT)
- AN/USQ-152 TBMCS
- AN/USQ-188 Radiant Mercury
- AN/USQ- 208 Consolidated Afloat Network and Enterprise Services - CANES
- Passive Link Tap (PLT) Documented attainment of special electronic repair skills / certifications such as basic soldering, wire-wrap, connectorization, fiber optics etc.
- Ability to work as part of a government/contractor team.
- An unexpired U.S. Passport.
- Current First Aid/CPR certification from a recognized institution (e.g, Red Cross).
- Up to 10%, including international travel.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Apr 5, 2018, 8:39:46 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-NORFOLK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job