Ground Combat Vehicle Systems Engineer - Sterling Heights, MI (Job Number:428819)
- Performs Systems Engineering activities, including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & op. performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis (PCA) .
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Works under consultative direction toward pre-determined long- range goals and objectives.
- Assignments are often self-initiated.
- Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
- Work checked through consultation and agreement with others, rather than by formal review of supervisor.
- Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Candidate must currently possess and be able to maintain a SECRET clearance
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more of related experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more of related experience; PhD or and nine (9) years or more of related experience.
- In-depth knowledge of ground combat vehicle systems engineering.
- Demonstrated strong working knowledge of the product life-cycle design, development, production, and sustainment of physical products.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to work across functional boundaries and build a team are required.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and delegate
- Ability to effectively represent the company / program
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage interpersonal relations and conflicts
- Ability to use objectivity, creativity, and analytical ability to solve problems
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 17, 2017, 10:49:10 PM
Primary Location: United States-MI-Sterling HEIGHTS
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job