Full Time Employee
Ground Combat Vehicle Chief SE/Architect - Sterling Heights, MI (Job Number:428815)
- Leads Technical Team in the performance of Systems Engineering activities, including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & op. performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis (PCA) .
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- From an information technology perspective, may be concerned with floor layout, power & cooling, data storage, infrastructure management, backup, monitoring, operating systems, directory services, identity management, access management, and automation.
- Candidate must possess and be able to maintain a SECRET clearance
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and eighteen (18) years or more of related experience; Masters and sixteen (16) years or more of related experience; PhD and thirteen (13) years or more of related experience.
- Extensive military vehicle or automotive production experience
- Demonstrated strong working knowledge of the product life-cycle design, development, production, and sustainment of physical products.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to work across functional boundaries and build a team are required.
- Ability to hire, develop, motivate, direct, and retain staff
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and delegate
- Ability to effectively represent the company / program
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage interpersonal relations and conflicts
- Ability to use objectivity, creativity, and analytical ability to solve problems
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Extensive experience with US Army or USMC product development, production, and fielding processes
- Experience with US Army or USMC program management
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 7, 2017, 6:46:56 PM
Primary Location: United States-MI-STERLING HEIGHTS
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job