Full Time Employee
Action Officer (Job Number:429010)
Review and provide substantive input to taskers. Coordinate taskers for leadership, requesting extensions for due dates as required. Interface daily with NCSC Exec Sec ensuring that no important communications or actions are missed or delayed. For each tasker, prepare the Staff Summary Form (SSF), as needed, and coordination packages to formally coordinate with applicable ODNI Components, NCSC Directorates and the NCSC Front Office. Perform quality reviews of all outgoing documents and edit, as needed. Provide SCD leadership daily updates on document/tasker status. Ensure Leadership is prepared for all meetings and events. This includes providing read ahead material and assisting with developing chart packages and talking points for briefings, as well as consolidating preparatory materials and organizing handouts for distribution at events. Ensure all materials intended for release have been reviewed by ODNI/Pre-pub before submission.
- Support NCSC steering groups/working groups, including drafting correspondence, managing and updating current contact information for meeting participants, developing and coordinating agendas, preparing briefing charts, tracking meeting attendance, and capturing and disseminating meeting minutes.
- Compile information for Weekly Activity Reports and vet through leadership.
- Updated NCSC dashboard on a weekly basis.
- Attend the weekly staff meetings to capture tasks assigned to the staff, including following up to ensure assigned tasks are completed. Recording, tracking and monitoring both formal and informal tasks Review official correspondence, reports and other important materials for proper grammar, formatting, and approval/signature
- Provide objective consultation to the NCSC staff to support synthesis of meeting results. In this capacity, the Action Officer may be asked to provide written or verbal feedback recounting meeting happenings and summarizing discussion points including areas of both conflict and consensus along with key conclusions reached
- Assist in creating strong strategic partnerships with IC elements to further the NCSC mission.
- Support complex projects or programs that are aligned with NCSC objectives; assist the staff in the definition and review of customer and stakeholder requirements; ensure plans and schedules are developed and followed throughout the life of the project
- Assist the Program Manager in ensuring projects are completed on time, effectively apply team building and coaching techniques, and exchange project or technical information with team members and contractors at formal and informal meetings
- Review of written materials, policies and research papers to gain understanding of the fundamental issues to be discussed
- Familiarization with participant background and expertise
- Collaboration with NCSC staff to determine meeting goals, Action Officers? roles, and facilitative strategies.
- Meeting pre-determined objectives of the meeting.
- Identifying specific areas of agreement and disagreement between group members
- Clearance Level Must Possess: TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 years of experience utilizing analytic and critical thinking skills, including the ability to conduct program and management assessments, to identify needs and requirements, and to develop non-linear process improvement recommendations for implementation across the IC
- 6+ years of experience in the effective execution of complex projects; in managing and mitigating risks, assessing customer requirements, identifying dependencies, and developing responsive project plans; in estimating costs and other resources using quantitative analysis to project requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of CI (e.g., foreign intelligence services intentions, capabilities, tactics, and operations), personnel security (e.g., background investigations, PRs, adjudicative guidelines), and analysis
- Experience with IT analytical projects and tools, to include: knowledge management solutions, link analysis, data mining, data/entity extraction, and intelligence visualization tools
- Ability to establish regular contact with high-level internal and external resources and have periodic contacts with other offices, supplying or seeking information on specialized and non-specialized matters; excellent use of tact when expressing ideas or opinions to senior leaders, customers, contractors, and other stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills, including a demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and in a team or collaborative environment Demonstrated ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, complex information in a clear, concise manner
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Dec 5, 2017, 8:09:42 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-BETHESDA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job