Full Time Employee Contractor
This position requires a Department of Defense (DoD) clearance, so US Citizenship is required.
The position will support the Web Content Filtering (WCF) team working to secure the traffic to and from client network and provide the logs to the client's Net Assurance teams.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Systems Engineer will plan, architect, implement, install/configure, maintain and troubleshoot the RHEL and Splunk applications, appliances, services and devices to varying degrees within appropriate security guidelines, industry standards and best practices as well as navigating and adhering to official change management policies
- The candidate?s main focus on the team will be Splunk, Linux and Microsoft products, Vmware hypervisor virtualization products, and certificate services. Additional capabilities and knowledge are required as outlined below.
- Develop, test, manage and ensure quality, production and use of VM infrastructure in the WCF lab
- Systems Engineer will provide subject matter expertise (SME) for the core technical focus technologies including: CentOS Unix and RHEL 7.x, Splunk, VMware vCenter 6x, VMware vSphere\ESXi 6x.
- Systems Engineer will use software tools and material to diagnose and solve issues/outages
- Resolve problems in compliance with the established procedures
- Use standard tools and procedures to carry out the established service deliveries and maintenance tasks
- Carry out server activities that can be planned (installations, updates, etc.)
- Respond to clients? requests based on contractual conditions
- Ensure the development and update of procedures and documentation
- Implement solutions, modifications and installations, and perform maintenance.
REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Technical competency and hands-on experience in the following technologies is required:
? CentOS Unix and RedHat Linux versions 5x, 6x and 7x Server
? Network Traffic Analyzer tools (Wireshark)
? Network packet inspection
Must have the required DoD 8570 certifications (Security+CE, CCNA-Security, SSCP, CASP, CISSP, etc.) or obtain them within 30 days of start date.
DESIRED Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
? Network Security Management (Panorama)
? Firewall Systems operations (Palo Alto, F5)
? Test operations and integration (Ixia technologies)
? Networking Devices and technologies (Juniper)
? Security Scanning tools (Nessus, SCAP, HBSS, etc.)
? Strong oral and written communication capabilities required for the development and delivery of project deliverables
? Systems Engineer will be required to act as a liaison between the service desk/Tier II teams and the vendor when required.
? Incident handling for cyber events when escalated from the Tier I & Tier II teams for resolution.
? Systems Engineer will need to be able to investigate, troubleshoot and resolve incidents, with the support of vendors as needed.
? Coordinate multiple groups as required for the proper interoperability of the project services with other enterprise service.
? Self-reliance, creativity and proactivity
? Able to work on challenging projects with changing environments
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change?supporting our clients? digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law. CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI?s legal duty to furnish information.