Full Time Employee
Data Architect (Job Number:429404)
NRL Monterey is looking for a Database Engineer to analyze, plan, design, develop, and utilize electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, and reporting. A very large volume of data is being produced and utilized by US Navy Coupled Numerical Prediction modeling software. This software includes the coupling infrastructure layer which uses Earth System Modeling Framework (ESMF) and the National Unified Operational Prediction Capability (NUOPC.)
- Will work under only general direction.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives.
- Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Complete understanding and wide application of software engineering principles, theories, and concepts in the field.
- General knowledge of Meteorology particularly Numerical Weather Prediction.
- Work will be reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- BS and 5 years related experience or Masters and 3 years experience.
- Experience with a Unix scripting language (such as bash or Korn shell.)
- Familiarity with version control and configuration management systems (e.g. Git.)
- Familiarity with in ESMF and the NUOPC layer is desired.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 30, 2017, 12:51:28 PM
Primary Location: United States-CA-MONTEREY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job