Full Time Employee
Automated Digital Network System (ADNS) Electronics Technician (Job Number:429774)
- SAIC has an open positions to provide engineering and technical on-site support and subject matter expertise to the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Newport RI in support of the U.S. Navy Common Submarine Radio Room (CSRR).
- The Automated Digital Network System (ADNS) uses off the shelf protocols, processors and routers to create a robust and flexible networking environment.
ADNS is composed of 3 functional elements:
- Integrated Network Management (INM), Routing and Switching (R&S), and Channel Access Protocols (CAP).
- The INM provides the flexibility to adapt communications to available assets and mission priorities.
- It uses COTS software and resides on TAC-4 workstations. The R&S subsystem provides the interface to users, and performs routing and switching of user data to available transmission circuits.
- The objective R&S subsystem includes a COTS IP router, a suite of common packet routing protocols and COTS Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN) and ATM switches.
- CAP equipment manages data exchange over JMCOMS circuits and networks, monitors network quality of service, and reports loading and error conditions to the INM.
- The selected candidates will assess, inspect, and correct system faults across each of these functional areas.
- Demonstrated specific experience in the troubleshooting, repair and assessment on the following systems / equipment.
- Experience gained on these systems will make the candidate more competitive for this position. Experience may be concurrent.
- Documented attainment of special electronic repair skills / certifications such as basic soldering, wire-wrap, connectorization, fiber optics etc.
- Ability to work as part of a government/contractor team.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and 0 years or more experience; Masters and 0 years related experience. 4 years? experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- Experienced system administrator with certification from Microsoft for Windows 7 or 10 plus Security + or better certification or can obtain relatively easily.
- Experience with implementing configurations at the system level e.g. registry and policy level of the operating system for Windows work stations and potentially servers.
- Technician needs to be mature to deal with fast paced moving environment and customer.
- Candidate may have a UNIX/Linux certificate (Red Hat) in replace of Windows certification.
- Candidate must be able to interact well with customer at the working and supervisory level, good interpersonal skills a must.
CLEARANCE: Active DOD SECRET clearance, TOP SECRET Preferred
LOCATION: Newport, RI
Travel: Potential for travel, including international travel. Unexpired U.S. Passport required.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 9, 2017, 3:53:11 PM
Primary Location: United States-RI-NEWPORT
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job