Full Time Employee
Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) (Job Number:429824)
- SAIC currently has a career opportunity for an Information System Security Officer in McLean, VA.
- The Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) assists the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) and implements information systems security tasks, as required for the safeguarding, handling, and controlling of classified information.
- Knowledgeable in information systems security in order to assure enforcement of company and government regulations.
- Knowledge of NISPOM, NIST 800-53, and Risk Management Framework is required.
- Duties will include but are not limited to technical engineering, administrative processing, and compliance reporting and interpersonal customer service skills.
- Advanced experience in Windows (10) and Windows Server operating systems and a working knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- Knowledge of how Windows systems integrate into Microsoft Active Directory, utilize Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), and implementing Group Policies.
- The candidate should also have a strong working knowledge of networking and familiarity with Cisco router, switch and firewall management languages.
- Administration of Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) and Host Based Security Systems (HBSS).
- Candidate should have experience with Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) security policies to include Certification & Accreditation, applying Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) to secure computing components and regularly apply software/ firmware patches from Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA.)
- Candidate must possess the ability to operate independently without supervision.
- This is a critical role that requires the applicant to be a self-starter and willingness to initiate communication with SAIC management and various Government agencies for support and/or compliance requirements.
- The position requires daily support of system users, interaction with SAIC management and occasional interaction with Government personnel.
- Professional and effective interpersonal skills and attire along with the ability to provide face to face customer support are required.
Required Education and Experience:
- Active DoD Secret Security clearance, upgradeable to TS within six months.
- Approximately 5 years of related information systems security experience in a security environment with demonstrated knowledge of classified IS operation.
- Applicant will have an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows server and client operating systems.
- A working knowledge of network and communication equipment, protocols, and troubleshooting tools is highly desired.
- Current/active professional certifications that comply with DoD 8570 requirements are required.
- Security+ certification is a minimum.
Desired Education and Experience:
- Experience working on classified processing systems or handling classified material.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and/or Microsoft Certified System Administrator/ Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSA/MCSE) a plus.
- Prior or current military service.
- Experience working with MDA-CNet or DoD SIPRNet systems is a plus.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 10, 2017, 3:28:43 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-MCLEAN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job