Multimedia Content Senior Principal Big Data Engineer (Job Number:429862)
SAIC has an opening for a Multimedia Content Senior Principal Big Data Engineer who is responsible for contributing to projects in support of Visual Analytics system development, improvement, and expansion.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develops parallel data-intensive systems using Big Data technologies.
- Works with the full open source Hadoop stack from cluster management, to data repositories, to analytics software, to schedulers.
- Works in on-premises or public cloud environments to build scalable systems.
- Determines the appropriate database given the data and analytics needs, whether file structures such as HDFS, relational databases including NewSQL, non-relational NoSQL databases including in-memory databases.
- Optimizes the distribution of data across nodes and the performance of NoSQL repositories. Identifies performance bottle-necks and evaluates scaling benchmarks.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software.
- Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting.
- End product may be special use, customized, or commercial software.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops autonomous services, desktop applications, web applications, scripts, and utility programs.
- Ensures software standards are met.
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
- TS/SCI with Poly
- U.S. citizenship required
Minimum 12 years of progressively responsible experience in software development, software engineering, data warehousing, Big Data analytics, or data visualization
Significant experience is required in the following technologies and languages:
- Experience with distributed architectures and challenges
- Hadoop MapReduce, Java MapReduce, C++ Pipes MapReduce, or Accumulo
- Experience with analytic applications for human language technologies
- Software development experience using JIRA in an Agile development environment
- Experience with MDR-1 analytics and operations
- Experience with SIGINT applications
- Experience with machine learning, computer vision, image processing
- Experience with applying deep learning and machine learning models and techniques
- Minimal travel required for this position
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 10, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-COLUMBIA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job