full-time employee contract
The Cyber Operations and Exploitation Solutions (COES) Division of ManTech MCIS is looking for a highly motivated and qualified Software Test Engineer in the Vienna, VA. This is a rewarding and highly challenging position with direct support and significant impact to operations of national security.
In this role, you?ll have the opportunity to work in a challenging and exciting work environment with a flexible work schedule. You?ll be working on mission critical projects that directly work to safeguard our country.
ManTech is dedicated to hiring the best of the best, and in order to do so we offer great pay and excellent benefits.
Major Job Functions:
Reports to the Test Functional Manager while working within an agile product team made up of developers, researchers, and other testers. Collaborates within the team to understand product feature scope to design and execute functional, customer scenario, stress, performance, scalability, and security testing. Develops test matrices to show test coverage. Documents test findings within the software development management system, and reports findings verbally at agile meetings to the team, management, and customer.
Stands up and maintains testing environments for manual or automated testing. Testing environments may include Windows or Linux operating systems installed on VMWare and hardware, kernel mode debugging enabled and debugger attached, configuration of physical or virtual switches and routers, specific operating system or firewall configurations, and installation of third party software applications. Utilizes automation test suite and seeks to automate when possible. Develops automation test scripts and applications in Python or C/C++. Reviews and provides analysis of testing and debug output.
- Individuals must be a U.S. Citizen and be eligible to obtain a US Security Clearance. Applicants with the appropriate skills, but without a security clearance, are still encouraged to apply. If you?re the right fit for the job, we?ll make it happen. Applicants will be subject to a government security background investigation.
- Experience designing and executing test strategies and test cases to meet high quality standards based on software requirements.
- Experience defining, developing, and executing automated tests using high-level programming languages, such as Python.
- Ideal candidates exhibit our core values: Passion, Capacity, and Humility.
- Passion for the customers and mission we serve
- Capacity to learn and grow into a technical leader
- Humility to learn from others and treat others with mutual respect, and satisfied without public recognition of work
- BS degree in one of the following disciplines: Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Software Engineering or a related field
- Experience in delivering quality products and involvement in all phases of the software development process: Idea, Design, Implementation, Delivery, and Support.
- Experience testing and debugging low level software written in C/C++ which runs in the user and kernel areas of the Operating System.
- Professional test certifications are a plus.
- Experience using test case managers, defect tracking tools, source control tools and build systems is desired.