Configuration Management Specialist with CMPRO experience (Job Number:430028)
Responsible for providing Configuration Management guidance and technical support, including change Management and process support, Configuration status accounting, CM database administration and workflow engineering in the CMPRO Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Tool, and CM plan/process documentation support.
- Provide Technical Data Package (TDP) support, reviewing Configuration items and supporting documentation for technical accuracy. Provide change recommendations with supporting rational and assist with preparation of changes prior to submission for government approval and change incorporation.
- Support data migration/entry of Program documentation and Configuration information (i.e., documents, engineering drawings, software, requirements data, issue reports, deviations/waivers, change requests and notifications) in CMPRO and support creation/maintenance of the Program?s data structure in the CM Tool for effective program monitoring.
- Train/assist customers in use of the CMPRO Tool for maintenance of program documents, data items, Configuration items, and product Configuration data. Develop CMPRO job aids for team member use as needed.
- Provide Configuration Status Accounting Reports (CSARs) and generate customer ad hoc reports in the CM Tool, as needed.
- Support Program technical meetings, such as Configuration Control Boards (CCBs), Document and Design Review Boards (DRBs), Test Readiness Review Reviews (TRRs), as needed.
- Support technical data retention and analysis per the program?s data Management, test analysis, and test procedure requirements.
- Support the development of CM policies and ensure industry standards are utilized for change Management and archival of design/ technical data.
- CMPRO PLM Tool experience
- Bachelors Degree or AA and 3+ years in related field (Configuration/Change Management, Process Management, Database Administration, Engineering Tech Support)
- Configuration Management Certification from CMPIC, CMII, or similar industry provider (Desired)
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 17, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-IN-CRANE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job