C&J Energy (cjenergy.com)
Full Time Employee
C&J Energy Services is one of the most dynamic companies in the oilfield services industry. We are an energetic, fast-moving leader, offering the most in-demand services and operating in the hottest shale regions. Our company went public in 2011 and has achieved record growth ever since. Our rapid success allows us to offer great opportunities at all levels of our company, which is why the best people in the business want to join our ranks. Perhaps you will be the next.
POSITION TITLE: Mechanic - Level 3
LOCATION: (Various Locations)
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Manager
FLSA CLASS: Hourly, Non-Exempt
DEPT: Repair Shop & Yard
JOB NAME: Mechanic
Under minimal supervision, the level 3 Maintenance Mechanic, performs basic safety and repair procedures on company equipment, using basic hand tools and provides on the job training and guidance to entry and lower level maintenance personnel. The individual in this job role performs operations to include but not limited to: performing and overseeing pre and post job equipment inspections, completing and overseeing preventive maintenance and repairs.
* Pass the company's drug screen.
* Pass the company's "Physical Functions Assessment".
* Motor vehicle record qualifies individual to be an approved company driver.
* Acceptable criminal history.
* Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent that they are able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give verbal and written instructions in English; and the ability to use simple mathematical calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) to make job related calculations.
* High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required
* Skills for this position are typically acquired through completion of on the job training as an entry level maintenance mechanic.
* Must have attained 3 to 5 years of on the job mechanical experience and/or completion of technical school in a related field
* Must possess a complete knowledge of hand tools
* Licensure to drive commercial vehicles is preferred but not required
* Must meet the Competency Task List and Equipment Maintenance Task List requirements demonstrating skill/knowledge in the following areas (in addition to those competencies required for an entry or second level mechanic):
1. Gear boxes
2. Clutch drive lines
3. Centrifugal pumps
4. Steering and alignment
6. Basic Electrical
7. Practical Hydraulics (basic)
* Must possess skills to identify, maintain and troubleshoot equipment -- heating and a/c, transmission
(HD750 and 9,000) engine and power ends
1. Must be able to perform, without fault, all Essential Functions required of entry and second level mechanics.
2. Assist with equipment function checks at the facility
3. Possess skills to operate various company specific equipment
4. Performs and oversees maintenance on all equipment as needed
5. Familiar with company purchasing process and policies
6. Takes an active and lead role in mentoring entry and lower level mechanics during repairs
7. Works under minimal supervision with knowledge to act in regards to work schedule
8. Develops an understanding of departmental paperwork and computer processes
9. Develops skills to identify, maintain and troubleshoot company equipment including sensors and final controls, injector and BOP inspections and repairs and complete cargo inspections; through company and OEM training.
10. Possesses an advanced understanding of Product Line Specific equipment, and equipment specific computer and diagnostic skills.
11. Continually emphasize safety. Participate or lead safety meetings, hazard hunts and ensures JSA's are followed.
12. Know, follow and periodically review the requirements established by job policy and procedure. Follow established procedures and guidelines
13. Report unsafe acts, conditions or hazards immediately
14. Follow instructions given by supervisory personnel.
15. Requires maintained eligibility to drive company vehicles.
16. Develops an understanding of district goals and works towards meeting those objectives.
17. Performs work on his/her own as well as provides assistance to other employees as directed.
18. Must participate in all company provided training.
19. Maintains compliance with public laws and company policies.