Full Time Employee
Network Engineer (Job Number:429648)
SAIC has an opening for a Network Engineer located in Beltsville, MD.
Description of Duties:
- Evaluates, designs, documents, installs, implements, tests, and performs problem isolations and resolution, and monitors tunes, sets standards and maintains a range of Network components and systems.
- Performs these functions across some, but not all, physical media, Operating Systems, File Systems, protocol stacks and Network components.
- Provides client consulting and training on the design and use of the Network systems and architectures.
- Plans, researches, evaluates and recommends new storage area Network equipment and related technologies.
- Uses monitoring, performance analysis, Network management, software and hardware equipment to troubleshoot and isolate problems, gauge performance and activity.
- Devises solutions to operational problems within the capacity and operational limitations of installed equipment.
- May develop and execute contingency plans for Network related hardware failures, including isolated and major outages.
- Provides internal consulting, technical guidance, information and support to application developers, computer operations, workstation support, management and departmental clients.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and 5+ years of experience or 8 years of related experience without the degree.
- SECRET (Active) with the ability to be granted a TOP SECRET clearance.
- 5+ years IT Network support experience (Tier II, Tier III, Network infrastructure implementation and maintenance)
- Cisco or Juniper certification a plus!
- Experience supporting the configuration and maintenance of various Network hardware and software, switching and routing technologies
- Experienced with performing root cause analysis, risk identification, and risk mitigation
- Knowledge of cabling standards, fiber optic and copper cable termination.
- Experienced with Network monitoring devices such as HP Openview, Nagios, Zenoss, NeuralStar or other similar monitoring tools
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 22, 2017, 2:16:41 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-BELTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job