Service Desk Level 2 Specialist (Job Number:430222)
SAIC has a contingent hire position available for a Service Desk Level 2 Specialist located in Madison, AL. This position is contingent upon contract award. The successful candidate must be flexible in days and hours worked.
The Computer Operator monitors and operates the control console of either a mainframe digital computer or a group of minicomputers, in accordance with operating instructions, to process data. Work is characterized by the following:Studies operating instructions to determine equipment setup needed; Loads equipment with required items (tapes, cards, paper, etc.); Switches necessary auxiliary equipment into System; Diagnoses and corrects equipment malfunctions; Reviews error messages and makes corrections during operation or refers problems; Maintains operating record. This operator may test run New or modified programs and assists in modifying systems or programs. Included within the scope of this definition are fully qualified Computer Operators, trainees working to become fully qualified operators, and Lead operators providing technical assistance to lower level positions. The Computer Operator IV adapts to a variety of nonstandard problems that require extensive operator intervention (e.g. frequent introduction of New programs, applications, or procedures). In response to computer output instructions or error conditions, this worker chooses or devises a course of action from among several alternatives and alters or deviates from standard procedures if standard procedures do not provide a solution
- This position requires the ability to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school education or equivalent and 7+ years of IT experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge in the use of personal computers.
- Proven ability in the use of all pertinent software applications.
- Ability to communicate moderately complex or technical information, ideas and results effectively in both oral and written form; compose correspondence and reports.
- Must demonstrate customer service, leadership and team skills.
- Experience in desktop and networking support, IT concepts and help desk software.
- Proficient with MS Windows and Office, VPN / Remote access, and anti-virus software.
- Must be able to think logically and act decisively in critical situations.
- Ability to distinguish between different types of issues and select the correct source for solution.
- Provide first line technical support to computer customers with questions regarding account administration, distribution of software and documentation, System and network status, and incident entry via incident management tool.
- Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where analysis of data may require an evaluation of various factors.
- Has the ability to work independently and handles a variety of complex problems in various IT applications.
- Maintain and follow detailed operational procedures.
- Improve quality of service delivery and provide value added customer services.
- Ensure project schedules and performance requirements are met.
- Contribute to the development of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Interact daily with supervisors and/or functional peer groups and customers
- This position requires the ability to obtain a Security+ certification.
- Active Directory, Anti-virus, Incident Management Tool, VPN, Avaya, remote management experience, knowledge management.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 28, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-AL-MADISON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job