Full Time Employee
Sr. Cloud Engineer (AWS GovCloud - Telework) (Job Number:430764)
SAIC is seeking a Sr. Cloud Engineer.
- Support the effort to stabilize, modernize, and optimize 30.
- Collaborate with the System Architect and Software Engineers to assess the current state of the legacy software and the hardware deployment options within the Amazon GovCloud.
- Provide expertise in leveraging the services of the Amazon GovCloud and contribute to the Design of a new SOA-based Architecture using micro- services and containers to create a Cloud- optimized replacement of the 30 legacy applications.
- Assist the System Architect in defining a roadmap with all of the steps to implement the new Architecture.
- Analyze and adjust the hosting options to improve overall system stability and performance.
- Responsible for identifying the progression of steps to reduce the current COTS and O&M expenses in the Amazon GovCloud to generate the savings to fund the entire roadmap.
- Support software engineers as a member of an Agile development team and support Cloud deployments throughout the entire software development lifecycle.
- Key contributor to the overall Design and implementation of the end-state Architecture
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience or 18 years of related experience without the degree.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Expertise in migrating software to the Amazon GovCloud
- Skills to perform ROI analysis to identify the optimal progression of improvements to generate the savings required to fund future steps
- Knowledge of containers (e.g. Docker) and the ability to create deployment scripts using Puppet or Ansible
- Experience designing roadmaps for the modernization of legacy applications
- Knowledge of Agile software development
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Amazon Web Services certification
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 8, 2017, 9:30:37 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-FLEXWORK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job
Other Locations: United States-DC-FLEXWORK, United States-FL-FLEXWORK, United States-MD-FLEXWORK