Full Time Employee
Combat Systems Readiness Assessment Team (CSRAT) ASW SME (AEGIS) (Job Number:430929)
Combat Systems Readiness Assessment Team (CSRAT) ASW SME (AEGIS)
LOCATION: Norfolk, VA (Primary) and INCONUS/OCONUS Ships in port or at sea
This position will be part of a team supporting a Combat Systems Readiness Assessment Team (CSRAT), providing classroom and deck plate training to U.S. Navy sailors in Commander Naval Surface Force, Atlantic (CNSL) AEGIS equipped ship classes in Support of the Type Commander providing Sailor-centric deck-plate training, material review, program auditing, and naval readiness Support that enhance overall proficiency and material readiness to enhance CNSL ship's abilities to conduct sustained operations at sea, in Support of the nation's strategic objectives. This individual will be a recognized expert in the area of anti-submarine warfare systems operation and maintenance as integrated with the AEGIS Combat System and will join a group of highly experienced trainers and assessors who will mentor and train sailors to improve expertise in operations and maintenance by:
- Developing training curriculum tailored to ship?s force needs and providing the appropriate training to ships force On board ship or at sea.
- Training ships force On proper documentation of material discrepancies, focusing On an assessment of what happened, an identification of the root cause, and how it can be prevented in the future.
- Training to prepare the ships force On how to assess material readiness, providing instruction On conducting repairs, and reporting material readiness assessments in compliance with existing instructions.
- Developing lessons learned and best practices that can be incorporated into curriculum, training, and other guidance.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED:
- Active DOD Secret
- A graduate of the associated Navy A and C schools and be considered an expert in the AEGIS integrated anti-submarine systems.
- Have served numerous shipboard Combat Systems tours aboard DDGs or CGs with responsibilities for operation and maintenance of multiple anti- submarine systems, particularly AN/SQQ-89(V) and A(V)15 series Sonar suite including, AN/SQS-53 series hull mounted Sonar, AN/SQR-19 series Tactical Towed Array System (TACTAS/ITASS), Multi- Function Towed Array (MFTA) and AN/SQQ-28 light airborne multi-purpose system.
- Experience with anti-submarine systems in a data link environment.
- Prior E7-E9 Sonar Technician (STG) with NECs appropriate to experience.
- Have broad experience in shipboard systems and material condition assessment.
- Have experience in providing training and assessments at the senior technician level (often E7-E9 audience) and ship's wardrooms.
- Have experience in material management programs and providing training to ship?s company.
- Ability to present process improvement findings and recommendations to all levels of the Chain of Command.
- Current First Aid/CPR certification from Red Cross or other nationally recognized organization.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Possess a Master Training Specialist designation and experience with developing tailored ships force training curriculum.
- Prior experience as an instructor at a Center for Surface Combat Systems (CSCS), Afloat Training Group (ATG) or other major training command.
- Up to 25% (INCONUS and OCONUS)
- A valid unexpired U.S. Passport is required.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 22, 2017, 2:24:14 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-Norfolk
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job