Big Data and Visual Analytics Chief Engineer (TS/SCI w/ Polygraph Required) (Job Number:431163)
SAIC has an opening for a Principal Visual Analytics / Big Data Engineer Chief who will contribute to projects in support of Visual Analytics system development, improvement, and expansion for a prestigious research group within a government agency located in Columbia, MD. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work as part of an elite group to develop cutting-edge concepts and solutions to further research in cooperative intelligence analysis and visual analytics. This position will allow the candidate to explore analysis concepts, alternatives technologies, and operational solutions.
Duties and responsibilities
- Drawing on professional experience, use software engineering tools as part of a team, including Integrated Development Environments (IDE) such as Eclipse, versioning systems like GIT, and deployment tools such as Jenkins
- Support the software development team to work with integrated product teams across organizational boundaries using modern software engineering methodologies (SDLC, Agile), provide regular status reports, participate in and lead successful customer demonstrations that result in customer acceptance of team products
- Draw on professional experience to define, architect, and design complex software systems, relational and non-relational database systems, and analytic tools to meet customer requirements, including integration of open source software tools like MongoDB, Accumulo, HBase, Cassandra, MapReduce, Elasticsearch, HAProxy, AngularJS, React and related products
- Ensure the timely and accurate development of system documentation, including code comment and user manuals, as well as instructional and briefing materials as appropriate for any delivered product
- Follow standards for software development, code comments, bug reports, code reviews, and software assurance processes
- TS/SCI with Poly
- U.S. citizenship required
- Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science or closely related discipline and twenty (20) years or more software development experience, Master?s and twelve (12) years or more experience, or PhD and nine (9) years or more experience. Professional experience should demonstrate progressively responsible experience in software development, software engineering, data warehousing, Big Data analytics, or data visualization.
- Must also have 10 years of direct experience with specific operating systems, such as Unix and Linux variants, Microsoft Windows server and workstation, Mac OSX, Android, and IOS.
- Travel - Minimal travel required for this position
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with Docker, Tomcat, MongoDB, Accumulo, WebGL, and similar technologies
- Experience developing visualization analytics, streaming data processing, ontology services, machine learning, deep learning algorithms
- Experience with client's data processing requirements
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 27, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-COLUMBIA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job