Cloud Software Engineer / Software Engineer Senior (TS/SCI w/ Polygraph Required) (Job Number:431248)
SAIC has an opening for a Senior Cloud Software Engineer to work in a multidisciplinary software engineering team and directly support the development, improvement, and expansion of new and existing Big Data, signals processing, analytics, and visualization systems through researching, testing, developing, and implementing solutions in private, public, and hybrid cloud models. The successful candidate will work within formal software engineering methodologies, including Agile and SDLC, and will be responsible for architectures, documentation, and appropriate training for new systems.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead efforts for software research, development, and engineering services for cloud-based software solutions.
- Drawing on professional experience, support the assessment, recommendation, adoption, and integration of relevant and performant software engineering tools for team use, including an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) such as Eclipse, a versioning system like GIT, and a deployment tool such as Jenkins
- Work with integrated product teams across organizational boundaries using modern software engineering methodologies (SDLC, Agile) to develop requirements, testing, evaluation, validation, and enhancements, provide regular status reports, lead successful customer demonstrations that result in customer acceptance of team products
- Draw on professional experience to define, architect, and design complex cloud-based software systems, system components, and analytic tools to meet customer requirements, including integration of open source software tools like MongoDB, Redis, MapReduce, Kafka, and related products
- Ensure the timely and accurate development of system documentation, including code comment and user manuals, as well as instructional and briefing materials as appropriate for any delivered product
- Follow standards for software development, code comments, bug reports, code reviews, and software assurance processes
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related discipline and five (5) years or more of direct software development experience. Professional experience should demonstrate progressively responsible experience in software development, software engineering, cloud deployment models, data warehousing, Big Data analytics, or data visualization.
- TS/SCI with Poly
- U.S. citizenship required
- Must also have 5+ years of direct experience with application development for specific operating systems, such as Unix and Linux variants or Microsoft Windows server and workstation.
- Must also have 5+ years of direct experience with large data systems, including NoSQL products like Accumulo, Map/Reduce, and Hadoop Distributed File System.
- Experience with linguistics and ontology development
- Experience with developing social media analysis tools
- Experience with client's data processing requirements
- Hadoop or Cloud Developer certification desired
TRAVEL - Minimal travel required for this position
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 2, 2017, 10:00:00 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-COLUMBIA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job