Quality Assurance Manager (Job Number:431547)
The QA Manager is responsible for leading the Quality Assurance activities and will be responsible for the Quality of the system, products and processes for the ITIO Program. The QA Manager is responsible for ensuring the ITIO Program is complying to the program Quality management system and customer requirements.
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for:
- Analyzing and understanding the requirements.
- Working with the program team members to integrate Quality into the design and work products.
- Performing Quality Assurance planning.
- Conducting product reviews of all work products and deliverables.
- Performing internal process audits.
- Implementing the ITIO Program?s Corrective/Preventive Action process to include tracking corrective action status for the project and reporting any Quality issues to management in a timely manner.
- Collecting, reviewing, and analyzing project data/metrics for trends.
- Recommending improvements and monitoring results to verify effectiveness.
- Preparing QA monthly status reports.
- Initiating process improvements.
- Working with the project team to develop standard operating procedures, test plans, and other work products necessary for assuring Quality into the system.
- Interfacing with the customer and participating in all project meetings and control gate reviews.
- The individual shall work closely with the ITIO Program Manager and other key members of the project team, and will report directly to the Service Line Team Lead to ensure that products and services are in compliance with the overall project plan, to meet the intended goals and generate the desired results of the project.
- This approach shall be followed from initiation throughout the life of the ITIO Program.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or relevant education in related discipline education such as Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems and 9 years? experience. (At least 5 years must be in Quality Assurance).
- Must have a broad Quality Assurance background including Quality Planning, Quality Engineering, Quality Control, and Process Improvement.
- Must be able to provide an independent assessment of how the project's process is being implemented relative to the defined processes to optimize the current work.
- Must have demonstrated and proven skills in writing documentation, standard operating procedures, user guides, and similar products to clearly disseminate relevant information to an enterprise-wide audience to increase user awareness and provide relevant and different types of materials.
- Extremely strong, proficient and demonstrated oral and written communication skills with experience working effectively with senior management officials, project management team members, and technical staff members regarding communication and system issues.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and quick turnaround deliverables, and exceptional attention to details.
- Ability to work independently and focus on delivery of products and services on time
- US citizenship required.
- In depth experience in supporting large scale IT systems deployment
- Knowledge of ISO, CMMI, and ITIL best practices is a plus.
- ASQ Certifications (e.g., CQA, CQE, CMQ/OE) are a plus.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 12, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-ROCKVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job