Lockheed Martin (www.lockheedmartin.com)
full-time employee contract
Network Administrator for ALIS in Misawa, Japan. In this role, the Administrator will be assigned to Misawa AFB supporting the Japanese Air Self Defense Force.
Responsibilities will include:
Serving as Site Support Network Administrator on the F-35 ALIS team. Reviewing network schematics, diagrams, and other program documentation to assist with development and preparation of cost estimates. Coordinating F-35 equipment installations with LM and the local Communications division. Generating system documentation including: Diagrams, Rack Elevations, Plate/Panel Details, Electrical load specification. Troubleshooting both LM and F-35 ALIS program equipment and supporting network equipment. Field testing of LM and F-35 ALIS program network equipment. Project Management to support F-35 ALIS network expansion and migration. Provide technical training and supervision to teammates and clients. Provide technical assistance to clients relating to operation, use, and maintenance of LM/GFE workstations and network equipment. Work with customers and internal personnel to manage related IT projects and provide customer service and technical support. Coordinate with LM RMS on functions for this location to include technician training, customer training programs, inventory and administrative information tracking, maintenance tracking, and vendor management. Provide tiered troubleshooting within the scope of a Problem Management and Network Management System in support of Contractor Logistics Support and F-35 ALIS program personnel.
Relocation: Relocation package is available for this exciting position.
- Assignment will begin as soon as possible.
-Duration of assignment is 6 months to start but that timeline is negotiable.
- Candidates must currently hold F-35 Special Access Program (SAP) access.
1) Strong systems & software engineering and/or system administration process background
2) Good Communication & Verbal skills
3) Self Starter & the ability to multitask
4) Must hold an active DoD Secret clearance and be able to obtain and hold Special Access Program (SAP) clearances
5) Must be willing to work off hours, to include 0300-1200, 0700 -1600, 1000-1900, and/or 1500-2400 depending on operational needs.
6) Prior Network administrator experience
- Experience in Layer 2 and 3 Networking.
- Experience in both Windows and Unix/Linux systems administration and operating systems.
- Experience with network routers, switches, taps and firewalls.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and prepare designs for networks in relation to intrusion detection systems.
- Ability to build and work with Network modeling tools
- Demonstrated experience with the management, design, and installation of servers, routers, switches, and network taps in a business environment.
- Extensive troubleshooting experience with Unix, Linux, Windows operating systems.
- Extensive troubleshooting experience with network hardware including but not limited to Juniper/Cisco switches, routers and
Net Optics taps.
- Demonstrated PC and networking skills, including NetMeeting, conferencing servers.
- Working knowledge of reading blueprints and wiring server racks
- Systems administration experience with servers and network installations/integrations.
7) Able to withstand extreme weather conditions in varying climates.
8) Able to lift and carry 100+ pounds for 25 or more yards.
9) Time zone differences may require adjusted shift schedule as necessary to participate in telcons or VTCs with external agencies.
1) Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to create presentation material for Base Leadership (e.g. Officers and management)
2) Proficiency in all MS Office applications
3) Familiarity with existing LM products and processes, to include Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) F-35 hardware and software
4) Certified in Security+
5) Demonstrated network administration skills, to include:
- Ability to provide high-level network, systems administration and technology management.
- Development of Standard Operating Instruction and other training skills and training material development experience
- Expertise developing and maintain training materials.
- Administration, troubleshooting and maintenance for network systems.
- Certifications in the following Environments: Unix, MS-, NT-, XWindows, Linux, CCNA
- Knowledge of spanning technology in switches.
6) COTS/developed software skills
7) Software Engineering background and experience
8) Integration & Test experience
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin?s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers? toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we?re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Orlando Florida