Lockheed Martin (www.lockheedmartin.com)
full-time employee contract
This manufacturing engineering position will support production within the Gear Manufacturing Engineering group that is part of the Dynamic Components Product Center at Sikorsky Aircraft. This position will require interface with other support organizations such as Operations, Quality, Design Engineering and Development Programs.
Manufacturing Engineering duties include, but not limited to, the following:
- Author detail process planning for aerospace transmission gears
- Daily shop support of issues within gear manufacturing department
- Author rework/repair instructions
- Support gear processing areas such as heat treatment and plating
- Generating tool design and fabrication orders
- Defining inspection methodologies and supporting quality issues/escapes
- Demonstrate use of Continuous Improvement tools in support of effective root cause and corrective action identification and implementation.
Occasional travel may be required to support development programs and supplier issues.
A BS Engineering degree w/0-3+ years of professional experience in Manufacturing or Design Engineering or in a related Operations role.
Preferred candidate would have 1-3 years experience in rotorcraft manufacturing engineering role.
Candidate must be developing strong leadership skills, demonstrate forward thinking and creativity, be a motivated self-starter, and possess basic technical problem-solving ability and solid interpersonal skills.
Prior experience with Catia V5 a plus.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin?s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers? toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we?re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Stratford Connecticut