Lockheed Martin (www.lockheedmartin.com)
full-time employee contract
This position is for an Information Assurance Engineer working for Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company. The team member will support the secure design, development, integration, and testing of system capabilities for a government customer. The ideal candidate will support day to day operations for IA/Cyber related assessments, trade studies, continuous monitoring activities, and assessment & authorization (A&A).
Day-to-day execution of IA activities include:
- Continuous Monitoring execution & reporting
- System Vulnerability/Compliance scanning, analysis and workoff
- Execute A&A support tasks following the Risk Management Framework
- POA&M analysis and workoff
- Performing security assessment of new capabilities and identifying mitigation approaches as needed
- Employing detailed knowledge and expertise required to manage the cybersecurity aspects of the computing environment
- Developing and updating the System Security Plan (SSP), Security Controls Traceability Matrix (SCTM), and Certification Testing Plan (CTP).
- Executing CTP and Penetration testing as needed to support system A&A
- Coordinating, implementing and monitoring Information System Security controls such as policies, procedures and technical configurations
Candidates must have demonstrated, hands-on cybersecurity and/or Information Technology experience, within the consecutive past 5 years, in one or more of the following disciplines: infrastructure, network engineering, applications, or systems administration (Windows and/or Linux).
Additional needed skills include:
- Solid communication skills in interpersonal and group settings (internal and external) and as a technical presenter to large audiences. Frequent contact with internal personnel and outside customers and industry peers
- Demonstrated experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF) implementation across multiple phases of a large program
- Experience with risk and vulnerability assessments and mitigation
- Experience with Secure Configuration/Hardening of IC Information Systems.
- Experience with system audit configuration, capture, analysis, and reduction
- Demonstrated experience supporting IC IA Programs.
- Proven ability to prioritize and work multiple efforts simultaneously
- Must have an active CISSP certification
- Experience with specific toolsets/technologies used on program (Nessus, ArcSight, HBSS, AWS, SQL Server, IIS, Windows, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Microsoft SCCM)
- Understanding of encryption concepts. Ability to communicate secure coding concepts and identify potential software defects/flaws.
- Familiarity with using Bash/Shell to produce hardening scripts and workable knowledge of using utilities to identify system vulnerabilities.
- Experience in application and OS hardening
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin?s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers? toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we?re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Herndon Virginia