Lockheed Martin (www.lockheedmartin.com)
full-time employee contract
Research Engineer - Photonics and Advanced Computing
Lockheed Martin Advanced Technology Labs
Eagan, MN - St. Paul Metro Area
Lockheed Martin Advanced Technology Laboratories (ATL) is the advanced computing asset of Lockheed Martin Corporation ? a global enterprise with core businesses in systems integration, space, aeronautics, and technology services. The mission at the Advanced Technology Laboratories is to enhance the Corporation?s competitive edge. We are a group of professionals who develop and apply ?cutting edge? software technologies. We perform applied research in advanced signal processing, physics, acoustics and optical, wireless and networking.
This assignment involves modeling, simulation, design and testing of photonic systems with a focus on the transport and processing of high frequency RF signals. Candidates partake in small, focused development teams in order to create real world solutions using scientific first principles into innovative designs for applied technologies. The researcher must be prepared to identify and adapt early stage technology concepts to meet the needs of our DoD customers.
Experience with embedded system design is required. Experience with MATLAB, Simulink, Labview, SPICE and/or other modeling and simulation tools is required. Experience with VHDL or Verilog hardware description languages and their synthesis tools is required. Basic knowledge of C or C++ is preferred. Hands on experience with photonics and their application to high frequency RF systems is preferred.
Candidates would work on one or more of the following topics:
* Development, testing, and integration of high performance ruggedized photonic/fiber optic systems
* Modeling and simulation efforts related to these systems
* Perform electrical, firmware, and/or software design efforts related to these systems.
* Candidate should have a BS or MS degree from an accredited college in Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline, with a focus on development and/or applications of embedded systems.
* Strong hands-on skills for laboratory debugging and testing of complex electronics.
* Digital and analog circuit design experience.
* Practical experience with VHDL or Verilog hardware description languages for embedded systems.
* Proficiency with MATLAB, Simulink, Labview and/or SPICE.
* Ability to obtain a DoD clearance, eligibility for which requires US Citizenship.
* Experience in capture and execution of DoD Contract Research and Development (CRAD) efforts.
* C, C++, Java, and/or Python programming experience.
* Experience with optic and photonic theoretical and practical principles.
* Experience with high frequency RF systems such as communications, radar, and/or electronic warfare.
* Practical knowledge in the fabrication, integration, and packaging of semiconductor devices. Familiarity with state-of-the-art heterogeneous device integration techniques.
* Strong verbal and written skills and ability to present complex technical issues to stakeholders.
* Active DoD Secret clearance.
* Willingness to travel .
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin?s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers? toughest challenges. Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we?re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Eagan Minnesota