Lockheed Martin (www.lockheedmartin.com)
full-time employee contract
At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach ? and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
The Packaging Engineer candidate would be able to identify aircraft components requiring packaging data according to existing contracts, read and interpret drawings and/or 3D models of aircraft components, develop, review, correct, and manipulate Packaging Data according to MIL-STD-2073-1E or equivalent. Candidate would be able to manage incoming and outgoing packaging data for multiple programs with different requirements. In addition, the candidate would be able to estimate packaging data efforts based on proposed contracts/requirements. Must be organized, detail oriented, and have good communication skills. Experience with the Container Design Retrieval System (CDRS) is a plus.
1. Associate degree (or equivalent), or Technical Trade School Training in Maintenance or computer databases. (Must have at least one.)
2. Must have Military Preservation, Handling, Storage, and Transportation Data knowledge and experience.
3. Must have three (3) of the six (7) below listed experiences to be considered minimally qualified:
6-Month experience and/or training in:
- Must be able to read, interpret, and apply contracting clauses relating to Military Packaging.
- Must be able to evaluate/review/correct existing and incoming PHS&T codes and data.
- Must be able to create and document Special Packaging Instructions when necessary.
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interpret contract data
- Ability to provide program status to upper management
- Ability to understand data elements and input data into a computer database
? MIL-STD-1686C (Electrostatic Discharge Control Program for Protection of Electrical and Electronic Parts, Assemblies and Equipment)
? MIL-STD-129 (Military Marking for Shipment and Storage)
? MIL-STD-3010 (Test Procedures for Packaging Materials)
? Container Design Retrieval System (CDRS)
? DD Form 2326
? GEIA-STD-0007-A (Logistics Product Data)
Possess basic skills using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and Access.
Willing to work at a computer during normal work 9 hours.
Ability to work and support team members with a positive attitude
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin?s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers? toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we?re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Shelton Connecticut